Nobody Loves us... Belt Weatherstripping search.

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Fairchild Industries Belt Weatherstripping

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Money pit Beretta wrote:I get another set of numbers, same diagram as your's. I got my list from the dealer and it's for the 87-91 Beretta /Corsica. These are all listed as "sealing strip", group # 10.710.
10163984 WDO OTR-RH (1987-89 EXC Z11)
10163985 WDO OTR-LH (1987-89 EXT Z11)
10163988 FRT S/D WDO OTR (1987-89 Z11) (1990-91)RH
10163989 FRT S/D WDO OTR (1987-89 Z11) (1990-91)LH

22586228 FRT S/D WDO INR (INCL 3) RH Discon
22586229 FRT S/D WDO INR (INCL 3) LH Discon

Outer's are listed so that you are sure which is which. With that said I don't know what Z11 is, or which ones are for the Corsica.

Well those may work, but the ones I got from D Fontana(old member here) list the same numbers that you posted. Yes they are still in the GM packages.
Where is an illustration of these part numbers?

I'm guessing they are not the same for my year or possibly 92+ And Yes I know the rubber comes with the outer molding but the whole point of what I'm trying to do is get an affordable rubber dew wipe made for our cars so they fit properly and not including that molding part is going to make a huge deal when it comes to the ability or cost of making this part. If its simply an extruded rubber belt then it will probably be way easier to do.

When I google those numbers I do not get an illustration of a Beretta door... Every Beretta listing I look up on NalleyGMC is tagged as L37

This is the image I see when I googled your numbers

This is what I get when I exclude 4 door and specify 2 door.

I'm guessing the numbers you have are for a Corsica... and those are still on VPI for $60+ each.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Just found that Z11 was the RPO code for the Corsica LT package, so that's Corsica specific dew strips that you found.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Ok the 1L10-301 is the illustration that they gave me. Also it's on paper and I have no scanner.
Well I guess that is good news for the Corsica people. I have the numbers and VPI has the parts.
Damn...I'll have to go back and get the right one. Those part numbers don't do much for me. I'd say that because some of the parts are the same is why it's listed as Beretta/Corsica.
I could have missed something but all the(Beretta) outside seals that I've seen have been the same. As for the inner I'm not sure.

So you plan to glue the trim on and hope that water doesn't sit between the seal and the trim?
Can people send in their old trim and have the new rubber put on that?

keep'em flying!
93 3.1L

Post by 93 3.1L »

I'm interested a in set.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

3X00-Modified wrote:
scd88ga wrote:The piece is rubber and metal though, not just rubber...
Not the whole part, the exterior trim part you would have to already have I'm only asking to have the rubber/felt strips replaced... the seal part it's held onto the molding part with bent over tabs and if there is in-fact a strip of metal in it for rigidity which I did not see,(since I did not cut one up yet to get a profile) I'm sure they could add that in. This is a huge company that this is all they do, make weatherstripping, they simply need to see the request/demand for a product and they can extrude mold anything.
I read your first post in this thread and I know what I'm talking about. Most of it is metal, not just a small strip. You don't need to cut it up to see that. Well, I hope this works out! It's a much needed part!

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
88gtz

Post by 88gtz »

Depending cost/quality I wld be in for 3 sets.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

well I doubt we'll hit their min... and they don't even sound like they know what I'm taking about.
Dear Jonathon,

Thank you for your inquiry. The costs to start manufacturing a new part can range from $1000-$2500 depending on the complexity of the extrusion. The minimum commitment is usually 1000 pcs.. Fairchild would need an automotive distributor like Rock Auto , 1A Auto, US Auto Parts, Classic Industries, etc. to express interest in distributing a specific part. Have you checked the above distributors? When you mentioned that no GM books list a part #, is it possible the original part was manufactured as part of the door? Sorry we are unable to help you.

Kind Regards,

Cindy Bergstrom
Customer Service Representative
Fairchild Industries, Inc.
1200 Ensell Rd.
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
847-550-9580, ext. 25
847-550-9585, fax
Back to the drawing board.

MPB, the rubber part of the dew strip is only held to the molding with some fold over clips... I was looking at getting the whole rubber part re-created. If there is one backing of metal on it then so be it that would have had to be added in, but unfortunately with this community we'll never hit their minimum.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Could ask R/A and see if they would be interested in buying a pile. lol

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

themixer

Post by themixer »

does mikey morris have any more of these?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Last set I got from him one was soft the other was hard, so they are somewhat hit or miss...

I would like a few if he has some though.

But I'm still exploring other area's

My biggest issue is I need to bring one to work so I can pull it apart and get pictures of what we need.

The other issue is it's hard to classify what I wanted as "pieces" unless it does have a metal reinforcement in it even still though it would simply be measured in FT and you would buy what you need and then cut it to length or trim it to fit right.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Fairchild told me to check with their compeitor Precision Replacmenet Parts...

I'm going to get a profile view before I contact them. It appears to be a "beltline" as they call it and yes it has a strip of metal in it to reinforce it.

From a quick glance a few days ago its almost like if they took these two and put them together it would be very similar to what we have.

Hopefully I'll have more info next week.
Attachments
75 9050.jpg
75 9050.jpg (5.89 KiB) Viewed 5230 times
75 1457.jpg
75 1457.jpg (5.58 KiB) Viewed 5230 times

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

This is not helpful and is more of a shot in the dark but.....many years ago I found a site where a guy said that he would make any weatherstrip. Do to the worthless web search engines only coming up with popular sites I'm unable to find it again.
It was just one guy and not a company. His list covered everything.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

well I have Precision that I'm going to try tomorrow or next week, and I also have a few local Rubber shops in my state that I can check with. I'm also going to hit up some restoration shops and see who they use to get the stuff they need... and if they know of anyone who is like you described, a one man show, or a small Job Shop who will do custom orders and short runs of qty's around 50-100.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

If the price is not to bad I'd like a back up set. Now if they could just make the outsides two that would be great. That is if they can be made in the first place.
Be sure to tell them that people with sunroofs are going to need some weatherstrip too. As of right now the only thing we can get are door to body seals and back glass seals. Everything thing else is fair game.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That's what I'm trying to have them make... the outside belt weatherstripping. Not the inners.

I looked at it last night and it was how I remembered, it's pretty much the two I posted above combined. I'll try to get a better cross section together and send it to them so they have a shape to go off of.

Its very easy to make I just need someone to say sure I'll make a new extrusion mold for X amount of orders or X amount of dollars and have those be reasonable marks to hit... the 1k-2.5k and 1000+pcs was a bit impossible for our group.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"