Clear headlight lenses

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
rjc333

Clear headlight lenses

Post by rjc333 »

Does anybody manufacture clear headlight housings for Berettas, like the ones used on all the new cars with the projector-style headlights?  Basically, the outside shield it transparent so you can see the lights themselves.

1992 Beretta GTZ; 3.1 V6 auto (depressing, really....)

1991 Beretta GTZ; Quad4 5-spd (gone to auto heaven)
Chazzman

Clear headlight lenses

Post by Chazzman »

That'd be nice if they did, however I don't believe anyone does.........

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
Jeff P

Clear headlight lenses

Post by Jeff P »

I've seen someone remove their lens and put clear headlight covers (such as GTS) on them, if that helps.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
96BlackRoseZ26

Clear headlight lenses

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

Clear would kick

Have you ever felt like you were flying, but didn't have wings?

Jerry Bickley
02 Navy Blue Metallic Monte Carlo SS
3800 V6/4-Speed Auto

voyager

Clear headlight lenses

Post by voyager »

some people have used the BMW E36 lamps - you can get glass lenses for those; might be able to modify them to fit your OEM lamps. for the trouble, i'd just try using the E36 lamps. you can get them with projectors anyhow.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ribz80

Clear headlight lenses

Post by Ribz80 »

The more I see the E36 swaps the more intrigued I have become.   Factory low beams on our cars are worthless, so it would be more than just an appearance upgrade.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
voyager

Clear headlight lenses

Post by voyager »

i'm digging them. they're next on my mod list, after i get this %&$&'d electrical bug worked out ( see diagnostis post ). i want the dual-projector set; our headlights are outdated. it seems like every late model car i pass at night has brighter lamps.

i've been thinking about converting the front marker lamps to use brighter bulbs (like F-bodies, vettes, caddy's and vans etc. have) too.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~
MAJ28

Clear headlight lenses

Post by MAJ28 »

(voyager @ Sep. 29 2005,22:47)Q
U
O
T
Ei'm digging them. they're next on my mod list, after i get this %&$&'d electrical bug worked out ( see diagnostis post ). i want the dual-projector set; our headlights are outdated. it seems like every late model car i pass at night has brighter lamps.

i've been thinking about converting the front marker lamps to use brighter bulbs (like F-bodies, vettes, caddy's and vans etc. have) too.
I was also considering this mod, but I don't feel comfortable trying to get them to fit in right.  I don't want to start chopping up my bracket unless I know I can get them in and looking good. ÂÂÂ

I just don't like the fitment, if I was confident I could do the proper fiberglassing, then I'd do it right now.  (I'm also concerned about being able to aim them properly.)

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
ettore

Clear headlight lenses

Post by ettore »

Good luck aiming that ... though individual aiming would be nice.

I am personally a fan of the Euro style ones that I have on my car.  They're square, the plugs on the back don't match the factory setup, and I love it.

Now, to get my car painted ...

I have almost successfully 'smoothed' out a set of GM factory lenses when I was thinking about putting Integra projectors ehind them.  It took me about 8 hours to get one light to point they are at now (almost smooth 180grit) but the corners are a beyotch.  Nascar style "flat peice of plexiglass" almost works.  Thin lexan, some gelcoat and a heatgun ... you might be able to make a form off your factory headlights.  The factory ones would need to be quite smooth.

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See