Clear heater knobs

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
Z26 performance

Clear heater knobs

Post by Z26 performance »

I am putting in the clear heater knobs from a 95+ cavy into my 95 Z26. Is there any modifications I need to make to the knob itself or the shafts to the controls themselves before putting them on? I coulda sworn there was a topic on this way long ago, but I had no success when searching it.

Thanks for any help.

robdogg13

Clear heater knobs

Post by robdogg13 »

Yea there is. you have to take apart your heater controls and take out that clear plastic piece that spreads the light out. You must make the holes a liittle larger for the ones form your cavy to fit. Once you get them through and they turn fine, you might have to use a little glue on the inside of them to keep them on.

Robert
Z26 performance

Clear heater knobs

Post by Z26 performance »

What are some ways to make the holes bigger without destroying the plastic piece?

robdogg13

Clear heater knobs

Post by robdogg13 »

Hey what you have to do and is a lenghly process is get a big piece of sand paper roll it up a little and stick it in the hole and keep woriking it in and out of the hole with your finger and then take your index finger and a piece of sandpaper and gradually grind out hole. It make a mes so do it outside your car. Make sure you keep checking with your heater knobs to see if they'll fit before you make them to big. If you need anything else jsut write.

Robert
Chris88CL

Clear heater knobs

Post by Chris88CL »

Yeah or you could just sand the knobs themselves so you dont ruin the heater controls.

Thats what most people do.

BerettaLove32

Clear heater knobs

Post by BerettaLove32 »

And use a rotary tool and you'll be done in less than 60 seconds.