headlight covers

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
mike1012

headlight covers

Post by mike1012 »

im new here but i really like my car ( i have a 1996 Z26) but cant find any mods for it so i came here. does anyone know where i can get headlight covers (black or dark preferably) and the vents for the windows to keep the rain out and can give me like a web site or anything for them?

Jeff P

headlight covers

Post by Jeff P »

Parts stores can usually get ahold of the headlight covers (blackouts) for you.  GM dealerships can also get them, but they're usually more expensive.  There are at least two choices for blackouts.  GTS is the most common, and Lund is slightly more expensive but the covers are thicker.  GT Styling (GTS) went out of business a few years ago but their products are still around, and the blackouts for '96 just clip onto your headlights.  I'm not sure how the Lund ones attach, but I believe the part number is 37431.

The window vents can also be found at parts stores (usually special order).  I like the Ventvisors by Ventshade (I think they're AutoVentshade, or AVS, now) because they tuck into the window channel rather than sticking on the outside of the window molding.  Part number for those I believe is 192135.  You can find a dealer for Lund and AVS stuff here.  In fact, I think they're owned by the same company now.  Oh, and GM has Ventvisors too if you feel the need to have yours say GM.  They cost around $50 when I checked in 1999 or so.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi