help needed with a digi dash.

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
raser13

Post by raser13 »

o.k. i've been trying to get a digi das to work in my non digi car for a while now and here's the problem the tach and that signal that usually runs though the ald is not there but all the other signals that come in on the same wire are present, so it's prior to the ecm. but after looking at all the pin outs and wiring diagrams i can't find the tach signal coming out of pin 'c' of the ignition control module but they don't mention the color of the wire and when i go to the ecm diagrams it doesn't mention the tach signal in anywhere. is it called something else? does anyone know what pin it goes into the ecm on? i really do not want to cut the harness up and track this bugger down so if you can help i would apreciate it>

i love it when a plan comes together
raser13

Post by raser13 »

oh, no one knows??? anybody???

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

The digital cluster receives it's Tach, Temp and Volts information as serial data.  There is no signal from the Ignition Module to the cluster for the tach.

Cliff Scott
raser13

Post by raser13 »

i know that the tach and all of that comes in on the aldl line but is all i lost was the tach signal.so it's not the e.c.m. or the wire coming from it to the aldl, so it has to be befor it. and i need to know on what pin the e.c.m. gets the tach signal so i can back track it to see if the wire got cut or something before it gets to the e.c.m.,but i've also been able to determine by searcing over all of the diagrams that the tach signal originates from the ignition controll module on pin "c" and from there it should go to the ecm so it can be put to the aldl line but the diagrams don't say were it goes to from the ignition control module or the color of the wire.and when i look at the pin outs of the ecm they only show the aldl going out but dont list the tach signal in or the temp signal in or the voltz in either. the ecm has to have these signal come from some where to send the info out the aldl line.