LED Beretta

Vent shades, black outs, things like that

LED Beretta

Post by Guest »

I ordered some LEDs and was wondering if any one could tell me if i need anything else to go with them. All i have are the LED's nothing else. I am planning on putting them in the panel to make the BERETTA light up in green on a toggle switch that i have installed already. Any info on the subject would help thanks.

93gt--z

LED Beretta

Post by 93gt--z »

depends on what kind of led's they are, and what voltage they run..I bought a bunch of just single 2 wire led's, and they run 4v I think, so you have to run 3 in series, or hook up an inline resister to them so they don'y get trashed...more info please...lol

93 gt-diza blitz kit,17's,3400/5speed...F'in A
90 gtz-rebuilt quad,17's,fx hood/kit,91+ dash swap
90 gtz-new crate motor,med grey dash swap

LED Beretta

Post by Guest »

GREEN/ diffused.
CAT# LED-2
this is all that it says

raser13

LED Beretta

Post by raser13 »

easy way to do it is check atthe local auto zone,advanced autoparts,pep boys,ect.... and find the L.E.D.s that have the resistor already on them. they sel them in a three or four pack. cost like 10 bucks. thats what ive done for the three custom dashes that i've done in the pastand they work great! just don't overdo it. at night L.E.D.sare alot brighter than standard bulbs and you can't dim them. with L.E.D.s it's all or nothing.(found that one out the hard way) your going to halve to experiment with brightness to see wht is to bright at night and wht is just right. then your going to have to see what is to dim dring day light and what is bright enough. then what i did was set the amount for night to come on with the ignition then set however many more you need to add for daylight  set to come on with a well hidden yet easy to reach swich.(mine is installed on the underside of the plastic steering wheel cover) if you need anything else just ask.

i love it when a plan comes together

LED Beretta

Post by Guest »

raser13

LED Beretta

Post by raser13 »

very nice, good job .keep up the good work.i can't wait to see what you come up with next.

i love it when a plan comes together
ettore

LED Beretta

Post by ettore »

FYI: LEDs have some interesting properties.

If you run 4 3v LEDs in series with a 12v source ... one will burn out pretty quickly because it's almost impossible to match 4 LEDs that closely.  A "BETTER" idea is to underdrive the LEDs a little.

So, assuming the LEDs are 3v ... I would put 5 in series making each one run at like 2.8v (assuming 14v @ the connectors which is reasonable).  So, if one LED decides to be a prick, it'd likely not go over 3.2v which is still well within the +/-10% that they are usually rated for.

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See
berettajunkie1991

LED Beretta

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

from my experience with my sidemarkers and other escapades with led's i have a website that calculates resistor size and designs the circuit. if you have any questions just email or PM me just fill in the blanks

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

post pictures

CKr

LED Beretta

Post by CKr »

Klink, I want to see this in person when its done.

Cory
------
96 BRM Z26, 98 Estoril Blue BMW M3
justin

LED Beretta

Post by justin »

the best way to avoid having problems with overpowering led's, or not getting enough light out of them is to buy led's with the resistors they are meant for, and wire one resistor per led.

oznium.com is a good source, ive bought from there for years.