dash swapp question ?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
91-GTZ

dash swapp question ?

Post by 91-GTZ »

Hello,
I found a nice 91 dash at the junk yard. I had no problem getting it out. But I am confused about the main wire harness comming threw the fire wall at the top left. I cut this at the JY.
Is there a places to dissconnect it there, or do I have to pull the whole wire bundle off my car dash and lay it in the new dash ?

Thanks,
Craig~

Jeff P

dash swapp question ?

Post by Jeff P »

On the driver's side there is a giant connector that goes through the firewall.  One hex screw holds the two pieces together.  The half of the connector coming from inside the car is held to the firewall by two clips and two screws/nuts.

On the passenger side it looks like there is a connector, but the wiring actually just goes straight through.  The wires terminate at several small connectors inside the car by the computer.

If I understand you correctly, you cut the wires inside the car.  In that case you'll need to swap your old dash harness into the new dash, which is a simple operation.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
91-GTZ

dash swapp question ?

Post by 91-GTZ »

Thanks Jeff,
I cut the wire bundle at the JY and had to remove it and all the other stuff so they would only charge me for a dash pad.
$23.00 total.

Cheers !
Craig~