fiberglass

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
t_hicks_757

fiberglass

Post by t_hicks_757 »

does anyone know anything about fiberglass... i need to know how much it would cost for the materials to fiberglass all the plastic interior pieces of a 88 beretta

BerettaLove32

fiberglass

Post by BerettaLove32 »

What exactly are you doing with these pieces? It won't cost that much for materials, but it's hard to say how much you'll need if we don't know what your trying to accomplish.

t_hicks_757

fiberglass

Post by t_hicks_757 »

i am tryna fiberglass the dash, door panels, center consol, a pillers and any other parts in the car that has anything to do with what i listed

BerettaLove32

fiberglass

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Your gonna need a lot of stuff then, and if you don't have any experience with fiberglass you better do a lot of practicing before you try doing an entire interior. The dash alone will be very difficult. I'd say 100s of dollars for all the stuff, hard to say how complex you plan on going. But again if you've never done it before start small like kickpanels of something.

Raven

fiberglass

Post by Raven »

if you have some knowledge on how to do body work with spreading body filler then it won't be to difficult, I do some custom fiberglass work, right now I am working on my speaker box so I can paint it to match my car. You are going to need fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat and then the fiberglass it self. To do all the stuff you said you are going to need about a gallon or 2 of resin, alot of mat can't really give a rough number, and about a gallon or 2 of fiberglass. Plus all you paint, primer, sandpaper, etc. Berettalove is right the dash will most likely be the most difficult to do. Hope this helps.

Raven  

1993 Beretta gt 3.1 mpfi/auto
1996 Dodge Stratus 2.4l dohc/auto