dew strips

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
t_hicks_757

dew strips

Post by t_hicks_757 »

i need some dew strips for my 88 beretta gt anybody know where i can get them... they are the pieces on the door the rub against the window when it goes up and down... the are on the inside and outside of the window

Jetfoi34

dew strips

Post by Jetfoi34 »

i think GM stopped making them, they might have some left in stock, but im not sure, try the junkyards and find the best ones you can is probably your best bet

1991 Beretta GT 3400 5-speed -- black/garnet

1988 Beretta GT auto
17.355 @ 78.63

1991 Beretta GTZ quad4  -  R.I.P.
Scanman88GT

dew strips

Post by Scanman88GT »

Check out my pinned post on BStuff.com in the repair section. The dewstrips are still available as special order items thru GMPartsdirect.com. I have the prices and part #'s listed in the post. I finall got them for my 88GT...what a difference. Personally, unless you find a Beretta at the junkyard that hasn't seen very much sun, most of the dewstrips at the junkyards are just trashed.

They're not cheap, but GMPartsdirect.com is still discounted over what the GM list price is. I believe that they're only available in solid black anymore. The originals on my car had a faint grey stripe around the edge. I found some spray paint to match the old ones and just masked off the new ones and repainted 'em before I put 'em on. You can't even tell the stripes aren't original.

Scanman88GT

t_hicks_757

dew strips

Post by t_hicks_757 »

are they two part items... i was told that there is one for the inside and one for the outside of the window

Scanman88GT

dew strips

Post by Scanman88GT »

There are seperate part #'s for the driver's and passengers side for both the outer ones (which are the ones that usually rot away) and the inner ones. My post on Bstuff.com referred only to the outer ones. I've never heard of anyone replacing their inner ones, although I'm sure it's been done.