New Carpet Needed

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
socalchevyguy

New Carpet Needed

Post by socalchevyguy »

Has anyone bought a replacement molded carpet kit? If so, where did you buy it from and would you recommend their product?

Thanks,

Wayne

vegavairbob

New Carpet Needed

Post by vegavairbob »

Ebay.com
Enter item #200125961826 in search box.
I called on this Beretta carpet. I was told it is made by the only carpet manufacturer licenced by GM (GM Restoration Parts) The e-bay seller e-mailed me an extensive color chart and was very helpful. I will be purchacing one myself soon. Price is 109.
Bob

Robert Spinello

'89 Beretta GT
'73 Vega GT
'71 Vega Panel Express
'64 Corvair Monza Convertible
quad4gtz

New Carpet Needed

Post by quad4gtz »

I have been looking at maybe puchasing from this seller. I almost have the floors all redone and the old carpet is definetly not going back in. I just haven't had a chance to stop in at the carpet place here to see if they have anything close to automotive carpet.

1990 GTZ Quad 4 HO
vegavairbob

New Carpet Needed

Post by vegavairbob »

Good luck with your job.
I'm wondering if I can pull off a professional installation myself on my carpet replacement and save the labor. I haven't done one.
Bob

Robert Spinello

'89 Beretta GT
'73 Vega GT
'71 Vega Panel Express
quad4gtz

New Carpet Needed

Post by quad4gtz »

Well, I didn't have any luck finding anything here in town. I am still hesitant in buying this carpet set only because I think I can do it cheaper. I will wait a couple of weeks to see if I find anything. If I don't come across anything, I will probably place an order. It is much easier to install a pre-formed piece anyhow.

1990 GTZ Quad 4 HO
vegavairbob

New Carpet Needed

Post by vegavairbob »

100. seems to be the price for most oem carpet sets. For my Corvair it's over a 100. A molded set is not even available yet on my ealier model Corvair.
You can't go wrong with the e-bay set as the manufacturer is licenced with GM. It will fit right and look original.
(custom choices too)- they will e-mail you a color/fabric chart on request.
Bob

Robert Spinello

'89 Beretta GT
'73 Vega GT
'71 Vega Panel Express
Chris88CL

New Carpet Needed

Post by Chris88CL »

That carpet is cheaper and doesnt have the factory sound deadening on it, but it's definately worth the money.

Pre molded is the way to go.  I wouldnt even begin to consider anything else on our vehicles.  There are way too many contours to try to get regular carpet to work.  Get the ebay stuff or clean up a nice original.  Those are the only real options.