91-93 door panel issue.

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
blindmandesigns

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by blindmandesigns »

I'm sure others have this issue, the door panel pops out from the black strip where the fabric meets the vinyl. This happens in my 91 and in the 92 but it's pretty bad in the 92. Is there any way to successfully fix this? the door panel is separating right where the curve is up top... COuld I seriously JB weld that back into place on the door panel... whatever needs to brace it needs to be STRONG. it sucks having to push that back into place each time I close the door it is the single thing that urks me about the quazar... aside.

speedygtz

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by speedygtz »

yea i had the same problem my dad stuk a screw in it and ran it down to far ....****** the door panel...

so if someone does have an answer id love to hear it cuz the door panels are maken the car look bad on the inside considering there the first thing ppl touch

the z26 is on the road!
berettajunkie1991

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

i had the same problem what i did i took the panel off and put new fastners on it is because they are worn or maybe the support has come off gorilla glue works awesome on this problem when used correctly

BerettaLove32

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by BerettaLove32 »

I have the same problem on my 93. i bought brand new fasteners and it still pops out. I do like the gorilla glue idea. Put some on new fasteners may be the answer.

Chris88CL

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by Chris88CL »

Try taking the door panel off and gluing on a strong piece of wood on the top edge (far enough in so it doesnt hit the black window trim when installed).  The reduced flex should stop it from popping out.  New fasteners are a must anytime you remove the door panel.  Also make sure the top screw is installed by the inner door handle.  Its the torx that goes in at an angle.  Make sure its tight.

docrodg

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by docrodg »

Gorilla Glue or 5 minute epoxy is my fav. for a fix like this.  You can also peen it if you are careful but that looks horrid.  Glue the sucker.

berettajunkie1991

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

your support bracket for the rear part of the panel has more than likely seperated all you need to do i apply gorilla glue to it and use new fastners just make the glue sets for like 24-36 hours so it is really nice and tight.

stevetweis

91-93 door panel issue.

Post by stevetweis »

i had this problem  long time ago. I remember all i had to do was get a new fastener and it popped back in place perfectly.  5 minute fix.