USBODY cowl hood

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
Chazzman

USBODY cowl hood

Post by Chazzman »

I just ordered this Indy style cowl hood last week. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with alignment and the overall fit and finish of these hoods? Any problems with customer service? They were very nice to me and told me there is a 5 week waiting period for the hood to be made.  My friend doing the work told me sometimes fiberglass hoods need a ton of work to fit and look straight, others do not.
Thanks,
Chazz O.  

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
Cliff8928
Administrator

USBODY cowl hood

Post by Cliff8928 »

I do remember one person having it previously and they did remark that it took a bit of massaging by the bodyman to  make it fit and look good.

Cliff Scott
Doug96Z26

USBODY cowl hood

Post by Doug96Z26 »

I remember a fella buying one years ago and saying that the quality was terrible.  I think he spent as much money getting the hood to fit and work properly as he did buying the hood...and it still didn't look right when I saw it at Bfest.

Also, I don't think the hood has provisions for mounting the stock Beretta hood hardware.

Doug
1996 CRM Z26
1996 BRM Z26
1993 GT 5spd

1988GTU

USBODY cowl hood

Post by 1988GTU »

I think somewhere I read that the cheaper hood was really thin and took a lot of body work to make it sit right and required the hood pins where as the more costly one fit a lot better and utilizes the stock hinges along with latching no hood pins are required.  PM ?Mike? at MRZ performance, I think he has one of there hoods.

_________
-------------
wicked-irocz

USBODY cowl hood

Post by wicked-irocz »

(1988GTU @ Feb. 19 2007,10:29)QUOTEI think somewhere I read that the cheaper hood was really thin and took a lot of body work to make it sit right and required the hood pins where as the more costly one fit a lot better and utilizes the stock hinges along with latching no hood pins are required.
Completely True.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
KFLO 93 GT

USBODY cowl hood

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

The biggest thing I've noticed is that they are about an inch and half to 2 inches short on 95+ cars.  This was also the light weight pin on only.  Otherwise I've only heard good things lately, and the Hd one is the only way to go on a car that sees the street.

93 GTs
93gt--z

USBODY cowl hood

Post by 93gt--z »

Matt at MRZ has the HD version, and he said it fit really good. He only did minor prep and slapped it on. I saw his car last summer, and the hood looked very good quality, and I thought it fit excellent.

The next day he also forgot to latch it( he had to remove the safety latch for other reasons too), and it flipped up smashing his roof completely in. Did only minor, easily repairable damage to the hood though. Knock on wood.

93 gt-diza blitz kit,17's,3400/5speed...F'in A
90 gtz-rebuilt quad,17's,fx hood/kit,91+ dash swap
90 gtz-new crate motor,med grey dash swap
Chazzman

USBODY cowl hood

Post by Chazzman »

Thanks guys. I made sure to order the HD one which uses the stock hinges and latch.  

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff