touch up paint

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
Aquarius

touch up paint

Post by Aquarius »

My 92 Retta is starting to show some signs of wear... dings in the hood and up on the roof and I'm pretty OCD about the car so I need to find some touch-up paint.  Granted the car is 14 years old and discontinued, anybody know where I can get some? I have that mint, tic-tac green color. Not an easy one to replicate! Let me know, thanx.

Jeff P

touch up paint

Post by Jeff P »

Open your trunk, lift the carpet, and look for a label on the spare tire cover.  This label has a bunch of three-digit codes.  Below all those codes, look for two 5-digit codes.  One will begin with an L (Lower) and one will being with a U (Upper), followed by four numbers.  The numbers are your paint code.  For instance, mine says 'L8767 U8767' which means the lower and upper parts of my car use paint code 8767 (Black Metallic).  Touch-up paint is available at auto parts stores, some department stores (Fred Meyer, WalMart, etc.), GM dealerships, and automotive paint supply stores.  If your color is discontinued like mine, a paint supply store can mix some for you.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi

touch up paint

Post by Guest »

It might not be as simple as that, depending on the color. I was just over at Advance Auto and Pep Boys and they had no listing for the code on my red Beretta at either one.

touch up paint

Post by Guest »

Btw...has anyone got a revised code for the Beretta bright red laying around, anywhere?

touch up paint

Post by Guest »

Duh...
U8774=bright red, which is also used on the Camaro, so if I look up bright red under Camaro (if they have anything as convenient as a list of colors that go with the codes) it should be the same thing.