Belt Moulding?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
wht96

Belt Moulding?

Post by wht96 »

I've been looking around on here quite a bit and im trying to track down the name of the two inch moulding that wraps the door window and rear quarter window. I'ld like to buy this new if not expensive. i'ld just find a nice set at the yard but i cant seem to figure out how to remove it and then reinstall it without it coming out terrible? if anyone knows anything on how to replace this stuff let me know. thanx...

Jeff P

Belt Moulding?

Post by Jeff P »

I think they're discontinued....but maybe that's just the bottom piece.  The top molding on the door is called the Front Side Window Frame Upper SCP (Scoop?  Scrape?  Scraper?) Molding.  The bottom molding on the door is called the Front Side Window Reveal Molding.  I don't know what the one around the quarter window is called...probably Quarter Window Reveal Molding (but NOT Roof Quarter Reveal Molding).  You have my permission to call them all reveal moldings

The door pieces are pretty easy to remove, but I've never tried the quarter moldings so can't help you there.  What specifically isn't coming out right on reinstall?

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
wht96

Belt Moulding?

Post by wht96 »

well evertime i try to reinstall the moulding comes out with a  "lumpy" look and seems to want to leave a gap around the edges at times? what is the proper way to reinstall and uninstal maybe its my technique.

Jeff P

Belt Moulding?

Post by Jeff P »

Hmm...maybe some of the screws are too tight or the metal bracket part that you screw in needs to be bent a little more in some spots.  Or it could be that the moldings are coming off the mounting brackets.  I don't recall ever having those problems myself, but it's been a long time.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi