Beretta Paintage

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
ettore

Beretta Paintage

Post by ettore »

So, it turns out my car was pummeled with ice and the insurance company is willing to paint it.  If I throw in a little cash, the body shop is willing to fix the rust (doorjamb), repair the front bumper (snowdrift) and change the color to whatever I want.

So, I have my heart set on orange, so if anyone know some spiffy paintcodes for a nice orange, let me know.  I am thinking more along the lines of a burnt-orange in the 350z-range of color.  Metallic would probably be preferred as flat colors are generally not too flattering (by flat I mean non-metallic, not matte).

The car is currently Teal / Aqua or whatever color you want to call it.  I don't mind the color but I figure I might as well change er up now that I have the opportunity.

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See
wicked-irocz

Beretta Paintage

Post by wicked-irocz »

a shop that will do a good job changing a car from one color to another is VERY hard to come by.  Be prepared to pay A LOT to get the door jams, trunklid, spare tire well, and engine compartment painted or think about what it looks like to others when they see these areas a different color.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
ettore

Beretta Paintage

Post by ettore »

Paintjob is going to cost $5,000-ish ($2,500 from me and $2,250 from insurance).

This includes:
- Removing the doors and welding new metal for the "rust" zones (5hr / side apparently)
- Removing my "sandblasted" windshield and replacing it with a new aftermarket one
- Removing my rear window and re-sealing it because it leaks
- Used replacement hood
- Removing trunklid
- Removing front and rear bumpers
- Repairing front bumper (POS Z26-style crack-machine)
- Plastic-coating the front bumper, hood and fenders (it's like a plastic film, I dunno what it's called).

The paint is currently all removed down to primer.  It will be reprimed, base, clear then baked.

There is no better paintshop in the city I live in.  Paint has a lifetime warrantee for bubbling, peeling or fading.

gixxer-squid

Beretta Paintage

Post by gixxer-squid »

I used to sell Dupont paint in my store (Ackland-Grainger), best way to pick a color is to look at a vehical you see on the streets, if stock color, then get the vin number from front winshield and take it to manufacturer. They will give you the paint code, which you can take to any automotive paint store and have matched!  It's that easy, really! If you go for custom mixed color, keep the formula for the mix, otherwise touch up is pain in the a$$.
Rob

ettore

Beretta Paintage

Post by ettore »

Update: Actually. no real update.  It's still getting painted.  I picked the slowest shop EVAR.  It turns out that the "dent" guys and the "paint" guys were not on the same page and they painted my entire car without getting out all the dents.  As such, they've re-sanded the whole thing and are repainting.