European spec taillights

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
z284pwr

European spec taillights

Post by z284pwr »

Quote (Davidvb24 @ July 20 2004,17:07)Update...

I have done some leg work, like I said I would, and have come up with a couple leads.

I have got in contact with a couple people at Guide Corp., and they are checking into getting the lens only.  Should have some more info on that one in a couple days!

Also got in contact with the company that makes the OE remanufactured US version of our taillights.  You have probably seen these on various parts internet sites.  Anyway, they acted like they could possably make these for us, but I need to contact another person within their company to have them take the idea to their sales meeting at the begining of the year.  I will update on this lead when I hear more.

Also...

I know several of your were wondering about the wiring.  I know Geoff, and a couple others (no offense) are probably keeping quiet on this because of the uniquness of their cars, and I probably would to if I were in their shoes.  In light of this I will add this note for now...

I drive around 80 miles a day to and from work.  Of course my '93 GTZ isn't always doing the speed limits, therefore I pass several cars a day.  Also during my drive I have plenty of time to brainstorm on this project.  I have seen several cars out there that also have the amber turn signals seperate from the red stop/tail light.  Also there are several of these that are GM cars, for example the Grand Ams (older ones).  With this in mind, let's not think of it like we are reinvinting the wheel here, just use the resources that GM has aready givin' us!
Actually, I'm not trying to keep quite about wiring or anything, I'm always willing to help another friend.  I'm sure the others that have done the wiring would be the same way, its no big deal, just ask for info and you shall receive  

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
MAJ28

European spec taillights

Post by MAJ28 »

Woody mentioned to me that I could possibly change my signal relay to one that requires only 1 bulb for resistance, any details about that?  Also, where can I get a 100W resistor?  All the ones at RadioShack are too small, I don't want to run them in series if I don't have to.

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
z284pwr

European spec taillights

Post by z284pwr »

Quote (MAJ28 @ July 21 2004,00:33)Woody mentioned to me that I could possibly change my signal relay to one that requires only 1 bulb for resistance, any details about that?  Also, where can I get a 100W resistor?  All the ones at RadioShack are too small, I don't want to run them in series if I don't have to.

»Jason
He wasn't quite sure and didn't full research if I remember, but he said that it would be possible to get a 2-bulb flasher, but you would be required to completely redo the flashing system....not really worth it to me....but hey, some people are ambitious enough for it.

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
MAJ28

European spec taillights

Post by MAJ28 »

If it was a simple rewiring of a relay I'd be up for.  The hard part would be perhaps be finding the appropriate relay to replace the stock one with.  

»Jason

ettore

European spec taillights

Post by ettore »

Ah it's easy to fix these lights ... what are you complaining about?  Anyone want to know how to do it, I can tell you how to do it.  There might be an easier way than how I think but it can be done.  Actually, I just thought of another way to do it.

Aw hell, I'll just post it here.

First thing, wire the bottom light (the taillights) to the 3rd taillight circuit.  That'll make the bottom two lights come on whenever the brakes are pushed.  Since this is a bigger burden than the 3rd taillight circuit was meant to take, you might want to add a relay ... but that's up to you.

Second, rto stop the turning signals from blinking, just cut the wire that comes from the brake switch that goes to the turn signal switch relay thingie.  The wire you want to cut comes from the brake switch but you want to make sure to cut it AFTER the 3rd taillight splits off.  According to my book, you need to cut the White wire that goes into the turn thingie.

Another way to fix the turning signals is this: At the turn signal relay switch thingie, find the wires that go to the taillights (Dk Green and Yellow according to my book), cut them and connect them to the Dk Blue and Lt Blue wires (in that order).  That will effectively couple the uppper lights to the front signal lights.  I like the first idea better, it's simpler.

Now, who wants to sell me a set of the euro-style headlights  I love those things.

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See
MAJ28

European spec taillights

Post by MAJ28 »

That's a fine and good idea, but where are these relays located?  I don't think anyone wants to pull wiring out from under the dash.

»Jason

European spec taillights

Post by Guest »

is there any pictures of the euro spec tail lights?

MAJ28

European spec taillights

Post by MAJ28 »

Look in the Netherlands section on Bstuff, there's a link in there...

Does someone have the part number laying around, I found a GM connection in the office and I'd like to see what I can find.

bowtie454ss

European spec taillights

Post by bowtie454ss »

(Badretta GT @ Oct. 21 2005,18:03)Q
U
O
T
Eis there any pictures of the euro spec tail lights?
Here are a few pictures:

1992 GT 3.1 auto.  'Garnet red Goddess' ---->  daily driver
1992 Base 2.2 5-speed 'Red Devil'          ---->  sold
1976 Nova 250cid inline six ----> She loved the benchseat ;-)
1988GTU

European spec taillights

Post by 1988GTU »

Why do you have it set up like that?
Testing out the equipment?  Waste of a Beretta.

_________
-------------
weba

European spec taillights

Post by weba »

First design euro tail.

second desing tail.

closer view.

I fill up for $130. Also Beretta owner since 2004
bowtie454ss

European spec taillights

Post by bowtie454ss »

(1988GTU @ Oct. 23 2005,02:10)Q
U
O
T
EWhy do you have it set up like that?
Testing out the equipment?  Waste of a Beretta.
I have made this setup for keeping memory of the Beretta's i drove. That "rearend" will be painted yellow and will be hanging on the wall in a few weeks from now.

1992 GT 3.1 auto.  'Garnet red Goddess' ---->  daily driver
1992 Base 2.2 5-speed 'Red Devil'          ---->  sold
1976 Nova 250cid inline six ----> She loved the benchseat ;-)

European spec taillights

Post by Guest »

Yeah count me in as long as the price isn't the same as a completely new car.

Tegra54

European spec taillights

Post by Tegra54 »

(MAJ28 @ Jul. 20 2004,23:33)Q
U
O
T
EWoody mentioned to me that I could possibly change my signal relay to one that requires only 1 bulb for resistance, any details about that?  Also, where can I get a 100W resistor?  All the ones at RadioShack are too small, I don't want to run them in series if I don't have to.

»Jason
100W resistor?  try searching for 'power resistor'

or better yet here is a link to digi-key (very reputible company for electronic parts) http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch ... t=33620956
they charge a $5 handling fee if your order is less than $25 bucks i think, but an adjustable power resistor is ~15 bucks

do you know what ohm value you need?

-Pat
'94 Base 2.2 - Nothin' Special
Jeff P

European spec taillights

Post by Jeff P »

SuperBrightLEDs has a 50W resistor near the bottom of the page for $5.  And to answer an issue brought up earlier, an electronic flasher (as opposed to mechanical) will work with a single-bulb load.  Mine is a Tridon that I got at Schuck's, though they're available elsewhere.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi