Uh oh, I have a problem

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
QuadPowah

Uh oh, I have a problem

Post by QuadPowah »

On my 90 GTZ, I took the interior out. I have been planning to put some Medium gray 92 GTZ door panels on... I have also been planning on relocating the seat belts to the B pillar...

Well I have already taken the seat belts off of the door and pulled the seat belt wires from inside the door, to inside the car... I just noticed that where there is typically a hole to hold the belt on the pillar, there isn't one on my car... what do I do?

On my 93 there is a T Screw drilled into the pillar I believe, at least that's how it looks...

I would've just originaly modified the 92 panels so that I could use them with the door belts, but I didn't want to take the chance on ruining them, and also, the bottom part of the panel does not fully snap into the door, because the seat belts are the way.

What are my options here? I really really want to use the GTZ panels in this car.

1990 GTZ
1993 GT 3.1 Auto
1989 GTU 3x00 5speed
1994 Geo Metro I3 5speed
1995 Aurora 4.0 Northstar
IsaacHayes

Uh oh, I have a problem

Post by IsaacHayes »

Not sure. My 94 has them in the doors, and I noticed only one side(of the body) has a mounting point for the lower part to attach the seat belt. I never looked at the B pilars off closely.

BTW, isn't 90 the old style interior? if so then 92 doors will hit the dash...

Maybe 89 was the last year of the old style. i cant remember.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...

Uh oh, I have a problem

Post by Guest »

without a good mental picture coming to me-I am going to ask a dumb question .Could you just drill the missing hole into the pillar ?If so maybe you could get the T-hook or whatever it is from a dealers parts counter-or a donor car.
 Like I said probably a dumb question.