Are underglows illegal?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that

Are underglows illegal?

Post by Guest »

Im looking to install some on my beretta. . any info would be greatly appreciated.

1988GTU

Are underglows illegal?

Post by 1988GTU »

Those underglows/underbodies are ONLY for OFFROAD USE!  If you want to turn them on, you'd need to be in your driveway, parked somewhere off the road, or alike.

_________
-------------
HateMyAuto

Are underglows illegal?

Post by HateMyAuto »

Correct. The law states the neons are for offroad or show use only. You can have them on as long as the car is parked, I'm not sure it the engine can be running or not. If you drive with them on, it's only a matter of time before you'll get pulled over and given a hefty fine.

'96 Z26 Now with 10% more displacement
'94 Camaro
BerettaLove32

Are underglows illegal?

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Glad the people on this board are smarter then the BStuff board. Some moron who claims to be getting hired as a cop, said their legal if you can't see the actual bulb. What a genius.

ettore

Are underglows illegal?

Post by ettore »

Totally legal in canada as long as it's not blue seeing as how blue is an emergency vehicle color.

It's not considered a "modification" to the car much like putting seatcovers is a modification to your car.

Again, this is Canada (or, Ontario @ least)

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See
Sargo

Are underglows illegal?

Post by Sargo »

I was thinking of doing the same, but in Michigan I heard a rumor (still havent checked on it) that they are not legal at all, not even for show while parked or whatnot, but I still see many cars having them while they are 'on show' (a group parked in the local mall parking lot  LoL)

TheWhiteWolf

Are underglows illegal?

Post by TheWhiteWolf »

One quick search and you will find that not many people seem to know the law or it goes as "they are legal, but a**h**e cops pull me/friends over"  Seriously, the police have much better things to do then "waste" your time pulling you over cause they are having a bad day, or just because it is you.  If someone gets pulled over when they were honeslty following the laws, then the officer made a mistake and yes it does happen.  

To find out the law about underglow lighting or any vehical modifications, call the police department.  Trust me, they do not have a problem with someone calling and asking a question!  They would rather take the 30 seconds to let you know the law then pull you over later for something like lights that even most police would think of as a stupid law.

The best info is to call up and find out the law yourself from someone that has access to the up to date laws.

Are underglows illegal?

Post by Guest »

well i know where i live u can have them on i live in kentucky and u can have them on and the cops wont say nothing to u but for V.A u can not have them on no where  just puting my 2 cents in lol but as for where i live u can have them on dont know about any other place