Paint

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
famousS&S

Paint

Post by famousS&S »

Hey i was woundering if anyone has ever had there car painted and how much it would cost roughly, or has any one ever tried it on there own, im just looking for maybe white or black so if that helps

EmeraldGreen3.1

Paint

Post by EmeraldGreen3.1 »

pay no attention to the finger. but the dude i actually bought my car off of was a painter of cars. so he did this. i

I RULE!
wicked-irocz

Paint

Post by wicked-irocz »

prices range from $399 for macco to $2500+ for a basic color, professional body man.  I have nearly a grand into paint, primer, liner, undercoat on my truck alone but its PPG and a metalic color.  I could have bought the materials for about $750 if I had gone with the cheaper quality BC/CC.

Only problem is if you have rust, dents it costs more.  If you get macco expect it to flake off the bumpers as soon as they have any impact or as they get old since macco generally doesnt use flex addative like they should.

Forgot to add, color changes are even more expensive and if done correctly require you to remove windows, trunk, doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, headlights, and if you really want it done right, the motor/transmission.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
CABeretta89

Paint

Post by CABeretta89 »

Currently I'm painting my car with Rustolium Oil based paint and a roller. It actually looks really good. Granted, it won't win any car shows ;).

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthre....=1&vc=1

See the 9th post down.

Because of the molding and plastic, the Beretta is a little more difficult to paint than his charger, but it's not that bad. If I didn't need to drive every day/wasn't so darned busy, I would have just taken a whole day and set it aside to paint. So far I have about 6 hours invested in this project and about $70 (would have been less if someone hadn't stolen my rollers.... grrr).

Regal Red looks really good on a Beretta.

Jeff P

Paint

Post by Jeff P »

When I had my car painted, I had them remove dings and fill in a scratch in the rear fascia, and take all the surfaces down to bare metal so I'd have fresh primer all around (non-ELPO, which is the cause of GM paint problems).  They also painted the new (unpainted) fenders, hood, and GTZ front fascia, and prepped, painted, and installed the side ground effects (aftermarket).  The whole thing ran a little over $3200 excluding buying the new body parts.  IIRC, that was 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clearcoat.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi