"Cooking" Headlights

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
z284pwr

"Cooking" Headlights

Post by z284pwr »

I did a manual search of this and I couldn't find much, so I went ahead and posted a new topic, anyways, I'm looking for info on what is to be done to take the headlights/folights apart.  Mainly the foglights, the ones of the TGP are nice and yellowed, imagine that.  So I want to take them apart and attempt to clean then up. Luckily we can get another set if we do accidently mess these ones up, but anyways, from previous readings, I'm assuming it requires the oven treatment? If so, any tips on how long/what temperature is required to get them apart with the least possibility of damage. Oh and then from what I understand, its possible to sand the plastic foglights to make then cleaner and clearer. ÂÂÂ
Yes this isn't Beretta related, but as similar as they are looks wise, surely they are pretty close to the same design so I figure what works on the Beretta headlights, would work on these.

So if anyone does have any info to share I would appreciate it, thanks

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
RebelGT

"Cooking" Headlights

Post by RebelGT »

it was me who did that, i just stuck them in the oven, i forget which temperature, start at a low temp and work your way up, keep on an eye on it to make sure the plastic doesn't yellow more, or you'll have to polish the plastic afterwards.

daguse5853z

"Cooking" Headlights

Post by daguse5853z »

do they use the same black gunk to seal the headlights as they do for the taillights?  anyone know what that stuff is anyways?

95 Z26/3400/GETRAG/OBD2 swapped