Headliner Options

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Headliner Options

Post by quad4berettagtz »

I'm just poking around for some opinions on a headliner that is falling.  It is not on one of the Beretta's (I fixed the GTZ's by paying $150 for a pro-installed one-> worth the $), but rather on my '91 Grand Am that I am probably going to sell.  I tried last winter to do it myself with spray glue from Autozone, but no such luck as it has fallen again.  I need it to look presentable so I can get as much for the car as possible.  What has anyone done as far as other options?  I was thinking about pulling it out and just painting the foam boarding gray and be done with it-- anyone do this?  Just looking for feedback, and any help would be great!  Thanks.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
SushiLover

Headliner Options

Post by SushiLover »

I redid the headliner on my Corsica last year, and it was really very easy. I went to Hobby Lobby and got some gray, felt like fabric, then to Autozone for a can of heavy duty headliner adhesive. I pulled the old headliner out (it's held in place by 16 velcro holders) and propped it up on a garbage can, then peeled the old material off. Next I sprayed the adhesive on both the fabric and the headliner, then applied the fabric in about 6 inch sections (spray, smooth 6 inches of fabric, spray more, smooth 6 more inches, etc). Once it had set up a little, I pulled the fabric tight around the edges and corners, and used adhesive and staples on the bottom side. Let it dry for about an hour and popped it back in. All together, I don't think I had more than 3 hours into the whole project, and less than $20 in parts.

ASE certified technician in Engine Repair, Engine Performance, Suspension and Steering, Brakes and Automobile Service Consultant.