BMW lights

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
kellu

BMW lights

Post by kellu »

saw this online and was wondering which lights they are

http://gyazo.com/d34530a9f36deec4bd1879067c567955

also he said something about needing different brackets to install them, can anyone tell me what parts I need and where to get them?

got a busted headlight, time to upgrade

1995 Beretta 3.1 SFI(Work in Progress)
1990 Nissan 240sx(Soon?...)
Thrush Turbo Muffler
3"Racing tip
Hundai Tiburon Wing
Blacklit

Re: BMW lights

Post by Blacklit »

Do a search. Tons of people have done the swap. Me bein one of them. You have to hack up part of your header panel and make brackets. The lights are BMW e36

90 Yellow Beretta Indy 3.1 auto
06 Chevy Colorado 2.5 5 spd
04 Blazer Xtreme 4.3 auto
91 Camaro RS 350 auto
kellu

Post by kellu »

ok do you have pics of the process? and I want to do the angel eye e36 lights. Would I need an HID conversion wire or something?

Thrush Turbo Muffler
3"Racing tip
Hundai Tiburon Wing
kellu

Post by kellu »

I'd love for someone to tell/show me how to fucking do this or link me to a video cuz I've been researching this for 3 days and all I've found is I need to do a lot of cutting and put in brackets.

Thrush Turbo Muffler
3"Racing tip
Hundai Tiburon Wing
Blacklit

Post by Blacklit »

Calm down killer lol. You cut out the header panel behind your headlights. The only part you leave remaining is the part that holds the grill. Then from there you make new brackets to support the BMW lights and attach them. Guess it was just all deleted when we lost the other beretta site. I don't recall ever seeing a video made or very many pics showing the brackets. Ill try to remember to take a few pics later. Should be working on mine.

91 Camaro RS 350 auto
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Right now I just have metal brackets bent into L shapes for my headlights. They mount into the bottom mounting holes for the headlights, and the bracket bolts to the mounting points for the stock headlights.

If you want/have a set of headlights with Angel Eyes, you only need a power source to turn them on, they are not related to the HID lights. If you want a set like DDM Tuning sells (with the projector and angel eyes), you either have to go with an HID kit (the DJ Auto Lights they sell use H1 bulbs) which would require you buy their HID relay harness/ballasts or make up your own harness. Or you could use halogen H1 bulbs, which is what those projectors are designed for. Since the US Spec headlights came with 9005/9006 bulbs like ours, the headlights usually come with the conversion wiring already done (9005/9006 sockets adapted for the H1 bulbs).

There are many different styles of the E36 lights to choose from on ebay or through other vendors. I did most of my research on websites like bimmerforums, etc. The sets with projectors require a lot more cutting than the non-projector sets, as they are much larger.

Here's a photobucket album of my installs. Not the best pics, but a better idea.

The projector lights that required cutting of my core support: http://s40.photobucket.com/user/snowbli ... %20Install

My earlier set, plastic lensed eBay US Spec headlights: http://s40.photobucket.com/user/snowbli ... %20Install

snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

A couple of other notes. You could fashion a bracket to one of the top mounting points of the headlight as well for additional support. But, even though the hood will close with those mounting points still there, you will see that I cut them off on my installs so that I could use the radiator cover piece.

kellu

Post by kellu »

thanks for all the help lads. gonna wait a while to do this, my car needs other stuff first

Thrush Turbo Muffler
3"Racing tip
Hundai Tiburon Wing
Wyrm

Post by Wyrm »

We're trying this on my daughter's car. The new headlights just arrived today. Any advice would be welcome as this is our first mod on this car.

zcylex

BMW lights

Post by zcylex »

Which headlights did you get? Pics would be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 Beretta GT 2.8L V6 - Yeah my Retta is a year older than me! :)
Work in Progress
Wyrm

Post by Wyrm »

The set that we have is the same as the ones in BackLit's signature pic or in SnowBlind's pics labeled "Earlier set, plastic lensed eBay US Spec headlights." We got them from PartsGeek for $100 for the set and they look brand new.

Blacklit

Post by Blacklit »

They're BMW e36

91 Camaro RS 350 auto