any ideas?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
kuni

any ideas?

Post by kuni »

im kinda new here but just wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas for visual mods i can do to my car i own an 88 chevy beretta base modal red (shitty peeling paint) but i just installed some new seats and have a few lights. also any ideas for how to put a different shift knob on? but any ideas let me know thanks

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Re: any ideas?

Post by Rex 2.0 »

There is a lot you can do as far as visual mods. A lot of people swap gfx from gtz and z26 models. The two bumbers are a piece of cake the sides are a little harder but doable with some patience for a novice.

They have different headlights available that will fit with some modification. They also make clear sidemarkers that are pretty popular.

The shifter knob you can't really use any aftermarket ones. You can however swap ones from many other gm cars. I got one off of a cavalier. You have to find the clip that faces the front of the car. Pull that out and the knob will pull straight up.

Here is a pic of mine.

kuni

Post by kuni »

yea its wierd i have the 5 speed manual and i pulled off the knob and all it is is a flat peice of steel so i was thinking i could like weld something to it or something idk its a work in progress

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Oh. :unknown: I didn't realize it was a manual. I just use the stock one on my GTZ.

Post some pics of the car.

Rodville

Post by Rodville »

For the 5-speed shift knob if you have access to a junkyard look for a mid 90's Pontiac Sunbird. It has a threaded shift knob that will accept most aftermarket shift knobs. It also has the added benefit of being a little shorter so it makes shifting a little easier.