spray on?

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
spaceman23

spray on?

Post by spaceman23 »

would spray on tint be an easy alternative to doing the rear window since it curves so much at the bottom and film is hard to work with that, so im told atleast. ive been lookin around and no one online seems to be a fan of the spray on stuff but figured i ask anyway :o

2.2H8TA

Re: spray on?

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I would think this would be a good solution. If I were to do it however, I would take the window out, as that stuff has some serious fumes. Also, on an obvious note, spray the inside of the window. I'm not a fan of tinting the rear window in the first place, but this is how I'd do it. I've seen too many berettas with bubbly rear window tint.

1994 AQUA ZED
Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

That is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard... Jesus christ

Any professional that knows what they're doing can do our back windows. Spend the money and do it right

1991 GTZ: RIP
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yes you 'could' spray tint your back window... however, that is a large area to expect perfect and even coverage of. remember you are still going for transparency when you are doing it, so unlike paint, you may stay 1/4 of a second too long in a bunch of places, and have a bunch of darker spots, or streaks following your spray lines. much more noticeable when you are aiming to still look through it after you are done

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Spray tint on windows? Whhhhhhat?

It would be real hard to get an even coat and make it look decent. ANY good tint place can do out back windows. I got multiple quotes when I was looking to tint and every place could do 1 peice back window

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

haha spray tint wow. your wondow would probably look like a zebra. good luck getting it to blend evenly.

might want to find a shop that knows what they are doing. any place that says they can't do it walk away.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

wtf are you guys talking about?? I took my car to ONE place in my life to have the windows tinted ONCE. They didnt say crap about the back window being too hard. This isnt anything but a urban legend. I paid $150 to have every window tinted aside front the windshield and even then I have the strip across the top and thats $150 with 3M tint so NO purple crap tint and that was in 05 and its still black as night. There is no seem in my back window. If you want a good tint job go to soCal and let the mexicans do it......I even got a dashpad out of the deal

You can spray paint the windows from the INSIDE and its looks good from the OUTSIDE but thats the whitetrash way...just sayin'

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Up until about 5 years ago most low end tint shops were doing the rear in 2-3 pieces because they didn't know how to address the double curve. With all of the tint law changes and whatnot a lot of those tint shops have closed up( at least in NY) and its harder to find shops that can't do it than it is to find shops that can now.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I had my red car done in one shot, 9 years later tried to have the pink car done at the same Audio Shop.. No dice, could not do it the good tinter was no longer there... I brought it to a "Tint SHOP" in Groton CT and the guy did it with no questions asked.

Bubbly tint is not due to a bad job, its typically cheap ass tint that didn't stick well.

Some states are a bit ridiculous with the 70% tint laws and will probably make finding a shop a bit harder... but they are still out there. But Will has a point, the cheap guys are closing up shop due to less business for quality sake and legality... but the good talented shops are typically doubled up with doing other modifications so they are not just a tint shop, but a "Custom Shop" with talented tinter's.

I did the Legacy with pre-cut film from E-bay but luckily the rear window was already done at one point, granted that shape isn't as hard as the beretta but it still looks like it would be a royal pain in the ass.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"