Less than exciting: Floor mats.

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
Z26_T

Less than exciting: Floor mats.

Post by Z26_T »

So my carpet was dyed black before I bought it, the dye is fading and the gray is showing again. Doesn't have OEM floor mats anymore. Just wondering if anyone has found aftermarket mats that they like. I don't think OEM gray or black mats would look good since it's no longer OEM color... unless I manned up and swapped out the carpet but don't know if I want to rationalize that :). (Mostly don't want to pull the center console and see how the shifter assembly is likely "rigged" in). Ignorance can be bliss.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
DTMAce

Re: Less than exciting: Floor mats.

Post by DTMAce »

lol

To be honest, having done carpet, its pretty damn easy to do. Console is only held in by like 6 bolts. You don't have to do anything with the shifter, other than remove the knob/handle. You only have to pull the following:

Front seats.
Rear seat.
Lower carpet stays.
Kick panels.
Center console.
Upper and lower sail panels (rear quarters).
Front seat belt mountings.
All 4 seat rails.

Some people have pulled the sail panels without removing the entire back seat (just the lower half) but I found it easier with the whole rear seat out and it is only held in by 4 bolts. So its piss easy to remove anyway. 2 bolts for the bottom seat cushion and 2 seat belt torx bolts for the upper seat cushion.
Honestly, it took me about an hour or 2 to completely strip the interior when I redid mine a couple of years ago, including pulling the carpet and underlayment out, all the way into the trunk. Took longer to put back together, mostly cause I was cleaning things as I went, etc.

Carpet cost me just over 100 bucks. Average cost that I see on it now is between that and 150. Ebay has lots of it if you look. Try to get it from TrimParts, they included enough carpet when trimmed to also cover your center console and kick panels if you desire. But not enough to make floor mats, you would have to call them and buy extra carpet, which they can easily provide you with. :D

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

The thing is, I expect the shifter assembly to be held down with hardware screws with the cables attached to the shifter with zip ties... lol. I did the carpet on my last 95 Z and it really wasn't bad at all.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Time to suck it up and uncover the hidden shifter. Hahah

Honestly if that's hacked, I'll be surprised. Everything is in the car from the factory for the 5spd shifter to bolt in. Only one of the "spring bolts" I'll call them need to be re-positioned in the floor pan.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

Well that's good to know. (Have you been able to find your write up about the reverse lights? :P )

About to make a trip out to the yard. Been fixing the little things that have been bugging me. Slow at work... so might as well pull my car in. So with that, there is only 1 yard locally that has a beretta in it.. But there are a lot of corsicas. Are corsica trunk carpet kits the same as berettas?