'95 with control arm bolt/shaft play, any ideas/experiences?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
berettaboi

'95 with control arm bolt/shaft play, any ideas/experiences?

Post by berettaboi »

i have a clunking and i can pull and push my horizontal bushing/insert of the control arm about 1/16-1/8" play, and it is an annoying clanking when driving average roads (thought it was originally some EXTRA play with the brake pads and caliper bracket as i cleaned them and painted them up)... bolt and nut are nice and tight, this is a Dorman replacement control arm from rock auto installed last year. bushings are still in place, i think the metal insert/tube is just the wrong diameter for the stock bolt...

i don't think it is possible that i put the vertical bushings nut and bolt in the horizontal's spot (iirc they are different size...), but can not remember for sure.

any idea's?

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
MY91GT(Z)

Re: '95 with control arm bolt/shaft play, any ideas/experien

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

look for older control arms and deal away with them completely and easier to get poly for them also anything 93 and older will bolt right up in your car

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

He would need a bit more than just the control arm, like the whole subframe assy to swap to dual horizontal bushings. And its the horizontal bushing giving him the problem not the vertical so I don't see why "eliminating" them would fix anything. It sounds like your front bolt or collar is rusted and has created play, OR the bolt is simply too loose... the collar should be compressed very hard by the control arm bolt.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yeah i may have to get back on it and try to snug it up more... reinstalling the new control arm might have moved (or slight difference in the new control arm's bushing in comparison to the old...) the metal. i think i fought with it to get the old one out

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks