which springs?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Decipha

which springs?

Post by Decipha »

I can get the fe7's for 60+shipping
or
i can get the eibach pro kit for 279 shipped

now my ?, is the eibach pro kit actually worth the extra money it'll cost me?

(4) 90s, 91, 92, 93, 94, and a 95 Supercoupe (x9)
98 Camaro SS 6spd
2000 Lincoln LS 5spd (1 of 2,331)
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
92BerettaProject

which springs?

Post by 92BerettaProject »

Depends on what you want.  The Eibachs will lower your car.  You may have alignment problems with Eibachs (I did). The FE7s are probably used so depending on the mileage they may not be as effective as new.

The Kids: Fast and Faster.
Jeff P

which springs?

Post by Jeff P »

Depending on your stock suspension you may not notice any difference with the FE7.  I've read that the FE7 springs have 10% softer fronts than the FE3, but the FE3 springs on my '89 GT had the same part numbers and spring codes as the FE7 springs I bought (which means they're the same springs).

I'm not sure what year your car is, but I got my Eibachs from Shox.com for $229.  They're not listed on the site, so you e-mail them for a quote.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
cahilj

which springs?

Post by cahilj »

(92BerettaProject @ Apr. 29 2006,09:27)Q
U
O
T
EYou may have alignment problems with Eibachs (I did).
If you had alignment problems with Eibach springs, you need to go somewhere else and never even look at the shop you took it to again. The brand of springs you're using has nothing to do with the alignment of any car. if the car is lowered excessively (which isn't possible with a J/L/N body on ANY of the available aftermarket springs), then you might possibly have an alignment issue. Eibach, Sprint, Intrax, Canuck, they all fit and they work fine, with no alignment problems at all, unless you take it to a shop where the tech doesn't know a tie rod from a connecting rod.

J Body Bash '04- 1st place 82-94 Street Modified
GMSC Bash '05- 2nd place 82-94 J Modified
MoHud SOLO II '04- 1st place SM
V6Z24.com- Jan '05 COTM, 2nd place '05 Bash
Visit TeamDropzone!