front brakes on '92 GTZ

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....

front brakes on '92 GTZ

Post by Guest »

I am a french owner of a '92 beretta GTZ and I would like to know how to replace the front brake pads : is it necessary to rmove the caliper or not? would you have the repair manual's page concerning the front brakes or anything able to help me? thanks for your help and sorry for my english

92BerettaProject

front brakes on '92 GTZ

Post by 92BerettaProject »

(sergio @ Aug. 06 2006,03:34)Q
U
O
T
EI am a french owner of a '92 beretta GTZ and I would like to know how to replace the front brake pads : is it necessary to rmove the caliper or not? would you have the repair manual's page concerning the front brakes or anything able to help me? thanks for your help and sorry for my english
Bonjour!

Where in France are you?

Anyway, yes you have to remove the caliper.  There are 2 bolts holding the caliper to the steering knuckle.  They should be a 3/8" hex.  Loosen them and unscrew them enough to slide out the caliper.  You do not have to remove the brake line from the caliper but you must support the caliper so it doesn't pull on the brake line.  I use a piece of wire to hang the caliper from the strut.  Then you can remove and replace the brake pads.  I usually replace the rotors too because they are cheap in the US.

Good luck!

The Kids: Fast and Faster.

front brakes on '92 GTZ

Post by Guest »

thanks a lot for your reply, I am sure it will help me . And to satisfy your question I am living in Vichy (middle of France). Bye

Madmax

front brakes on '92 GTZ

Post by Madmax »

Hello and greetings from Sweden, Stockholm.
My wife saw a good looking red car and it was a -90 Beretta and she wanted it..
ok, now we have it.. It´s a chevy, javascript:emoticon(''), European and oriental cars are so boooring. And they are just copycats..
I´m driving a Caprice myself...

I order Haynes manual but it has been backlogged but this topic give´d me the explanation how to do it on this modell. Thanks...
So simple!!!, well I´ve not started yet..