Rack And Pinion

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
toddsyx66

Rack And Pinion

Post by toddsyx66 »

Looking for some info, Is there any way to tell wether the rack and pinion or the tierods are bad? Not sure which or both are bad.
Thanks alot

wicked-irocz

Rack And Pinion

Post by wicked-irocz »

It can be bad but what problems are you having?  It probably is either the inner or outer tie rods.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
toddsyx66

Rack And Pinion

Post by toddsyx66 »

Thanks for the response. Well first off the steering wheel was real loose and every time you took a turn it sounded like the frontend was going to come apart. Well the guy I bought it off of said he had just redid the entire front end and it probably needs to wear in. Never heard of that. Well I decided to check it out and I found that the drivers side suspension link was snapped. The right side link was made from a couple of rubber washers and a long bolt. Checked the ball joint on the right side and when I moved the wheel it snapped. Well I replaced everything myself and feels much better. Just goes to show you want it done right do it yourself.
Thanks again!