Shocks and Struts

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
HateMyAuto

Shocks and Struts

Post by HateMyAuto »

My suspension is long overdue for replacement, and I can't keep procrastinating on this. I've been looking through posts in this forum, and I've narrowed my options down to three things: 1) KYB GR2s on all four corners. I've heard both good and bad things about these and they are readily available for around $200; 2) Konis up front, via strut cartridge replacement, which I've only heard good things about, but I checked Koni's website and the fronts were $350, and I don't know what I would then do with the rear, as the car is a 96; 3) Order the Bilsteins from Mantapart, which would really be pushing my budget at $650, plus I haven't heard too many good things about Mantapart. Whatever I end up doing, I'll be using Eibach springs. Any suggestions? Somthing I'm missing?

'96 Z26 Now with 10% more displacement
'94 Camaro
Jeff P

Shocks and Struts

Post by Jeff P »

You know, I had some Gabriel Gas Ryder struts (G-56705, G-56706) on my '89 GT and was pretty happy with them...they actually gave a pretty good ride and the car still handled well.  The Monroe Sensatracs on my GTZ were good too.  I'm not a big fan of the feel of the KYB GR-2s, but that's just me (and I've only tried the struts, not shocks).

Not to throw more options at you

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi