ABS Problem

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
feelgood7777

ABS Problem

Post by feelgood7777 »

Wondering if anyone knows why my abs light and brake light are both on when I start the car.  Sometimes the pedal is really soft and other times its really hard.  Any suggestions.

1994 Adriatic Blue Z26

Mods:  GTS Solar Wing, GTS Headlight Covers, DEI 600 Amp, Infinity Kappa 4X6's & 6X9's, Viper Car Alarm, Lunar Lights, Infinity Reference 12"

Tranny # 2
EmeraldGreen3.1

ABS Problem

Post by EmeraldGreen3.1 »

yeah, i've been having the same problem only my abs light doesn't come onjust the brake light is constantly on

I RULE!
Cliff8928
Administrator

ABS Problem

Post by Cliff8928 »

Try checking your brake fluid.  There's a level sensor in the reservoir that will illuminate the warning light(s) when the fluid level is low.

Cliff Scott
feelgood7777

ABS Problem

Post by feelgood7777 »

No its full of fluid.

1994 Adriatic Blue Z26

Mods:  GTS Solar Wing, GTS Headlight Covers, DEI 600 Amp, Infinity Kappa 4X6's & 6X9's, Viper Car Alarm, Lunar Lights, Infinity Reference 12"

Tranny # 2
cahilj

ABS Problem

Post by cahilj »

Both lights should come on for a few seconds and then go off after the car is running. You're saying they're staying on? You probably have a wheel speed sensor problem, which is pretty typical of the GM ABS used during those years. You can do two things, but it depends on how interested you are in finding out whats wrong or just fixing it. If you disconnect the ABS relay, then start the car, the ABS light should stay off (even during bulb check). After its running, plug the relay back in. If the light comes right back on, you have either a control module or speed sensor continuity problem. If you plug it in, and the light stays off, start driving. If it comes on, you have a speed sensor speed problem. Either way, you will need to find out what code its throwing, so you can replace the proper sensor (or module, but like I said, its probably a sensor). Any parts store can do that for free. You might luck out and the light will stay off after starting the car without the relay in. Sometimes its just dirt on a sensor or something, but the control module was never reset.

J Body Bash '04- 1st place 82-94 Street Modified
GMSC Bash '05- 2nd place 82-94 J Modified
MoHud SOLO II '04- 1st place SM
V6Z24.com- Jan '05 COTM, 2nd place '05 Bash
Visit TeamDropzone!