ACDelco Air-Lift shocks anyone?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
michi

ACDelco Air-Lift shocks anyone?

Post by michi »

I just have seen there are those Air-lift shocks fron ACDelco for our cars and i wonder if anyone tried them out.
Since i am looking for something more stiff in the rear end i wonder how they would work with some pressure on them. I have read they are perfect for cars that has loaded trunk or tow a trailer to get the more ride height but do they also work to be stiff in with the ride height it has now? I have KYB gas-a-just shocks and canuck loweringsprings in my car and somethimes i really want to have something more stiffness in the rear.

Asylum

Re: ACDelco Air-Lift shocks anyone?

Post by Asylum »

With enough air pressure they would indeed be stiff,but they will likely raise the ride height and could cause problems with the lowering springs.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
michi

Post by michi »

Okay thats not good at all. Stiffness would be good but a higher ride height not :D
I really wonder why canuck motorsport springs are not that stiff... when i compared them to stock springs, the stock springs were stiffer than canucks... why that, lol.

weba

Post by weba »

All the aftermarket springs for Beretta are just for show, none for go, you need to go custom to get something usable.

michi

Post by michi »

i said you should get me the same springs as you got :P the front is just fine for me but the rear is not as stiff but well for daily driving is okay....

Koots

Post by Koots »

Gonna bump this thread for more air-lift shocks information.

I've been really working my brain dreaming up a durable, reliable air suspension setup that would allow me to get some lift and lowering when I need it. I might have the trunk of this car loaded down with 100lbs or more at any given moment, so I can use the extra utility.

Plus lowering the car a little for better MPG and performance on the highway, then raising it up to clear snow/ice and driveways when I'm going around town, would be amazing.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Try here

http://www.airliftperformance.com

They claim to have universal kits.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I don't remember much about my air shocks(only drove the car for a month). All I know is that when they didn't have enough air the rear of the car would bounce(just like having no shocks at all). Too much air and the rear tires would be in the air after a bump.
Never drove the car on a dirt road, but I don't think it would have been a good idea.

keep'em flying!