rear disc brakes?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
weba

rear disc brakes?

Post by weba »

(3X00-Modified @ Apr. 07 2008,09:22)QUOTEit rusts

And on top of that it will also push the tire out the extra thickness of the rotor over what the drum face was.
I wont have the rusting issue since i dont drive it at winter conditions and avoid wet too. The calipers i got had 18k mile and then i did full rebuild to them, i'm really supriced if they wont hold decently with e-brake.

My rims are with 42mm offset like they are supposed to be, so there should not be problems with fenders.
Oh, and my front tires are pushed out too because of the thick rotors there, so maybe rear will match again.. and wider track = better handling  

I fill up for $130. Also Beretta owner since 2004
3X00-Modified
Administrator

rear disc brakes?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Trust me its a pinch style e-brake, and I fully rebuilt mine too... tore them apart sand blasted, replaced o-rings, seals boots, cleaned the shafts, cleaned the pinch mechanism, everything... and the way you have to set the e-brake is depress brake pedal then pull up on handle, and they still don't hold.

It's crap, hence why every other e-brake you see is a drum style e-brake, those hold and get tighter as the car tries to roll..

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Da-Funk

rear disc brakes?

Post by Da-Funk »

All I wanted to know is if you could pull them off of a neon and i got all this corrvett stuff i should spesifyi i'm a bad speller man I buchured that and that oh man well is it possible to rip them off of a neon??     the dancing banana troop!

fastlane02

rear disc brakes?

Post by fastlane02 »

mm i'm going to jack the 3.8sc beretta up in the air and since i have my 4th gen ta read brakes tore apart i'm going to play alittle bit and see what i can come up with. you got my motor running.

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
89gt 3.8scII to much to list.
87 iroc-z the old girl is getting a make over!
90 gtz bring her back to her glory days but even better!
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
Cliff8928
Administrator

rear disc brakes?

Post by Cliff8928 »

I have that whole setup sitting in the garage.  As well as one for a C5.

Cliff Scott
Fmondays

Re: rear disc brakes?

Post by Fmondays »

dodge neon disc brake or rk sport has one for the cavilier
that works user need to have 17s

90GTZHO

Re: rear disc brakes?

Post by 90GTZHO »

you dont need 17s with the neon brakes either. They arent really big enough to warrant that. Now, you may have to run no smaller than a 16, but i think most neons with rear disc were still running 14s anyways, unless its an SRT neon and those run 17s, but the rear brakes are still not big enough to keep you from using a 15" wheel

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress