Best choice for struts

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
KillerofRice

Best choice for struts

Post by KillerofRice »

Right now I have Tokicos w/ Eibach lowering springs all around on my GTZ. I read somewhere Tokicos are good to use with Eibach lowering springs, but anyway. The tokicos are starting to wear and I was wondering what would be good struts and shocks w/ the springs. I would love to go with Bilsteins but I cannot afford them. I was thinking about KYB GR-2s in the front and Gas Adjust in the rear. I would appreciate anyone's opinion.

90 GTZ - Mostly stock
84 Z28- Sold  Was a better beater than beretta.
yellow3800

Best choice for struts

Post by yellow3800 »

Koni ADJ all the way.  the adjustable part is just sweet, and beyond that, do they have a lifetime warranty?
hmmmm I'd put them next to bilsteins, and the price difference is huge.  Check tirerack.com to start shopping, get price, etc.

Andy

Lemon

gtuturbo

Best choice for struts

Post by gtuturbo »

My set of KYB GR-2 struts lost all gas after 10k miles.

Could have been sitting through the winters or just a bad set, but they definitely died prematurely.

They don't make Illuminas any longer, so I say you are down to the Koni adjustables   or Sensa-trac . ÂÂÂ

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1