FE7 / GTZ guys please look in here!

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....

Post by Guest »

Hi Guys, this is for anyone with an FE7 suspension car, which I believe are the GTZ's pretty exclusivly.  

What is the size of your rear internal sway bar (the one IN the torsion beam) ? And is it hollow or solid?  

If you don't know can someone PLEASE measure this?  

And as far as any of you know the FE7 has the larges rear internal sway bar correct?  If so, is there anything other then the GTZ that has this suspension code? I need to find one in teh junkyard...

Also, does anyone have any info on suspension code F41... or know the size of the rear sway/ or hollow/solid on it?

Thanks so much!

NewNann

Post by NewNann »

As far as measurements, I can't help, my GTZ is long gone, but the FE7 suspension came on GTZ's, Indy's, and 92 W26 GT's (white, black or teal GT with teal instert indy wheels) I believe the strut mounts changed in 92 as well, 93 was the final year, and the spring rate were dependent on whether the car was v6 or Quad 4

-Ryan          B Net Member #43..
2012 GTI
rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

AFAIK the rear internal bars are all the same no matter which suspension package, but I have not owned a F41 car.

f you want the rear stiff you need an Addco external rear bar installed with the factory internal bar.  That or find a Z51 external rear bar.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)