abs light on

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Decipha

abs light on

Post by Decipha »

on my newer beretta my abs light is on, when i first purchased the vehicle this past christmas, the brakes were just about gone.  I replaced all the brakes and the ight went off for about 3 days then came back on.  I had a leaking wheel cylinder, replaced it and the brake light went off but the abs light stayed on.  Then, after a a few weeks of driving i noticed my rear driver side drum brake was locking up before the others.  I usually have to take off the drum and adjust it out every 2-3 weeks.  Well the other day i was doing ~20MPH and i came to a very quick stop.  The rear brake was pulsating,  I'm hoping that the rear speed sensor is bad, so I have a donor off a 95 buick skylark.  Hopefully this solves my problem.  I'll be back later on tonight with the results!

WISH ME LUCK

(4) 90s, 91, 92, 93, 94, and a 95 Supercoupe (x9)
98 Camaro SS 6spd
2000 Lincoln LS 5spd (1 of 2,331)
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
Decipha

abs light on

Post by Decipha »

replaced the speen sensor and still have the abs problem!  i've already replaced both on the driver side, does any body think that it can be something else i'm not looking for?

I noticed when im doing ~25 when i come to a stop i hear a click-click noise coming from what sounds to be the master cylinder.  I know its not bad since i just replaced it.  I'm all out of suggestions...

if i replace both passenger side speed sensors, what are the chances that the abs light will still come on?

98 Camaro SS 6spd
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
Decipha

abs light on

Post by Decipha »

alright, my brake fluid is really dirty, i mean it can easily be confused with burnt oil, I'm going to repace it, the best way i can think would be to remove the master cylinder and dump it, push the piston in to squeeze all of it out and fill it up with fresh all synthetic then bleed it like the bloody mary.

One thing i'm not sure of is the abs pump.  if i leave the abs disabled and bleed the master cylinder and wheels is there still going to be air in the pump?  should i enable my abs pump to bleed the brakes?  any help is appreciated

98 Camaro SS 6spd
95 Beretta base

www.efidynotuning.com
Jeff P

abs light on

Post by Jeff P »

Your question about the best way to bleed the brakes I answered here.

Since you have ABS, bleeding the brakes will be a little more time consuming.  First bleed the front brakes, then start the engine and let it run for at least 10 seconds with your foot OFF the brake.  Once the ABS light remains off for about 3 seconds, turn off the engine.  Start it and wait 10 seconds again, making sure the light is off for 3 seconds, then turn off the engine.  You can now bleed the brakes normally (Right rear, left rear, right front, left front).  Since you hopefully won't be introducing any air into the system, you will probably be able to skip bleeding the front brakes before starting the engine.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi