Brake Changes?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Falkon45

Brake Changes?

Post by Falkon45 »

I finally got the beretta up, running, and on the road...Kinda.  It's legal to drive, but not exactly safe.  the alignment  is completely shot, the brakes are rusted to hell, and one of the lines seem like they're about to give up soon.
I'm buying some braided lines and looking to get some cross drill and slotted rotors.  
Yeah, I know I don't need them, but I want them.  I've checked Tirerack.com, and they have rotors for $66 and Hawk pads for $60.  Now, I know I can get some Axxis pads for cheaper, and I had those on my Supra, and was very happy with them.  But the rotors I found on ebay (yeah yeah, i know, i know) are cheaper and come with pads.  But those say 90 to 96.

I was wondering what the brake changes were from 89 to 90?  Did the rotor size change, or did the caliper change, or both?

Help!!

the car was free, so I'm not complaining.
Jeff P

Brake Changes?

Post by Jeff P »

I haven't heard of any changes from '89 to '90, but I haven't looked at the specific specs.  '92+ had bigger rotors because that's when they added ABS, so your eBay friends are on crack I have some '87-91 cross-drilled rotors that are silver cadmium dipped to protect against rust, and some matching Carbon Fiber/Kevlar brakepads.  Cost me $237.00 from KVR in Canada and were only on the car for 4,599 miles.  Thought I'd throw that out there in case you're interested since I'm not using them anyway.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
Chris88CL

Brake Changes?

Post by Chris88CL »

Jeff you should hit me up on AIM or MSN.  Im interested in the brakes.  Im using the pre 92 stuff on the rear ;)  Pads I dont need, but rotors would be cool.

Falkon45

Brake Changes?

Post by Falkon45 »

Hey,
Thanks for the info.
Looks like I'll be getting myself the Ebay units.
Trying to work a deal out and get the lines, pads, and rotors all for under the $230 it would cost from tirerack.com before shipping.

the car was free, so I'm not complaining.