Neon rear Disc Brake Write up

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Barry
Global Moderator

Re: Neon rear Disc Brake Write up

Post by Barry »

I have about 1500 miles on the swap and its working good. I plan on going Hawk pads and better rotors soon however

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I've driven to two National Beretta fests with them... and at least one NE...

I think thats well over 5k in trips alone... Nevermind all the other driving I've done.

Hawk pads are nice, but with as little force as these calipers really apply I don't see the need for them. I hardly get any brake dust back there and I have the same pads as up front with the same slotted rotors and those get caked quick.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I'm just going with the cheap rotors & pads. It's not like that car has 400hp...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
ClonedGTZ

Post by ClonedGTZ »

3X00-Modified wrote:Daytona stuff is 11" vented rotors, Neon is 11" solid rotors.

Daytona setup.

how are these compaired to the Neon stuff? is it a easyer install with the daytona plates VS the neon ones ?

91 Beretta GT26- GT/Z26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's the same amount of work. Maybe just a tiny bit less of machine work as far as clearance, but The only big difference I can see between the two is the vented rotor... so you'll gain weight with that, also the size is just a bit larger. As far as the caliper, I don't see much of a size difference in that, so I really can't see these providing all that much more stopping force. It really all goes back to what master cylinder your using and how its balanced... Stock seems to work just fine but keeps more of your stopping power up front, and not too much to the rear, so you'll never feel them lock up, others have said you need to put a limiter on the rear, but I see NO need for this since I've never had them turn the car around on me.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ClonedGTZ

Post by ClonedGTZ »

what year daytona has them ?. i found a lebaron GTC in the yard that has rear disc's that i was gonna try out

91 Beretta GT26- GT/Z26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Not sure, I did not find that info, I simply re-posted it from the J-body Forums.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ClonedGTZ

Post by ClonedGTZ »

yeah, when i had my 03 cavi. i was gonna do this swap wit the 03+ SRT discs. im gonna get a set up from a lebaron gtc and see what happens. i also saw that the chry. new yorker has rear disc and is also 5x100. i know the gtc lebaron is the same cuz theres a red one local that has cavalier LS sport wheels on it

91 Beretta GT26- GT/Z26
armandjones82

Post by armandjones82 »

I think having some good kind of Brake Disc will be the key here. Also, try to really get things straight and good in order to make up a good write up for that one. Hope that all will be well by the time you already fixed it all up.

ShaneLT(ShaneZ26)

Post by ShaneLT(ShaneZ26) »

Is it possable that someone could save that video and convert it so I can play it on my android. And email it to me or something?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's a google video, you can't download it or save it as something else... I have a hard time believing you can't stream a GOOGLE video on an android... Might want to look into that more.

I'm able to google search Cavalier Rear Disc Brake Conversion and play the video on my HTC Inspire... Granted I'm on wifi right now but still its not a software limitation.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ShaneLT(ShaneZ26)

Post by ShaneLT(ShaneZ26) »

Yea it sux its the optimus one it doesn't have flash. It really sux.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Brake bias changes need to be considered with this swap. I have burned through 1.5 sets of front pads (ebc greenstuff and hawk hps). My rear pads look almost new. They do work, I can lock all 4 in the rain, but they need much more pressure to be any benefit

mickaz

Post by mickaz »

Barry wrote:Brake bias changes need to be considered with this swap. I have burned through 1.5 sets of front pads (ebc greenstuff and hawk hps). My rear pads look almost new. They do work, I can lock all 4 in the rain, but they need much more pressure to be any benefit
you reccommend a proportioning valve?

Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

mickaz wrote:
Barry wrote:Brake bias changes need to be considered with this swap. I have burned through 1.5 sets of front pads (ebc greenstuff and hawk hps). My rear pads look almost new. They do work, I can lock all 4 in the rain, but they need much more pressure to be any benefit
you reccommend a proportioning valve?
Yes, but that is not easy to pull off on these cars, especially with cars with ABS. Unless there is a prop. valve in the master cylinder that we can tamper with to change the bias somehow.