Strut Install Help/Questions

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
KennethO

Strut Install Help/Questions

Post by KennethO »

Thanks in advance.
So I finally got all my parts in for my install. Springs, shocks, struts, mounts and isolators. :Yahoo!:

I have a few questions about the install tho.

- First, the dustboot/bumper. I have to install it on the strut shaft itself right? Not just let it sit on the threaded part.
- Second, on the strut mount, Monroe 904912. Came with mount, plastic angled spacer, metal spacer, and bearing. I position the mount like it would be in the car(bolts closest to the window, not installed of course). Then I place the angled plastic spacer, thick side closest to engine, with the "tab" locking into one of the 3 notches in the mount? Metal spacer, then lastly the bearing, white side towards mount/black towards isolator?
- I thought all the flat notches were supposed to line up and face the same side that you bolt the knuckle to(mount notch, upper isolator notch).
- Lastly, does anything go on either side of the shaft? or does it bolt directly to the strut mount?
Something like this? :oops:
Attachments
Image026.jpg

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Strut Install Help/Questions

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Stickie posted above... should help you out.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"