Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg5**

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
SummitBalt08

Re: Del-a-lum bushings for 87-93 control arms! **update pg3*

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I'm interested! I can pay anytime via PayPal. I have the payment available

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

I'm keeping 2 sets and a third has been spoken for so you will have the fourth. I will post my paypal info once I have the bushings.

Thanks!

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

curious, what did they figure out for the grease fitting? i imagine we could drill an access hole in the subframe (and weld in extra meat to support if needed), i suppose it would need to accommodate the pivot as i don't recall much room there.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

I want a set my car will be torn apart come spring for paint n new suspension

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I am still curious to see how these get installed and the maintenance needed to have them. I'm not a fan if I have to pull my control arms to grease them every 3k miles or something.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

From the pics in the article they have the holes for the zirc fittings. It really doesn't seem to be that difficult to figure out. I've been thinking about it and my thought is to aim the zirc fitting down, drill the necessary 1/2"-3/4" hole in the subframe, and cover it with a nice rubber cap that takes 2 seconds to remove when you need to grease it. Doug will include some kind of instructions in the box or an email so I'll figure it out when I get them.

The last set is now spoken for so I guess if others want a set we can compile a list and I'll talk to Doug and see if he's interested in making more.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

nevermind... the horse was already beaten to death when it comes to what pics were provided and how it would work.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:nevermind... the horse was already beaten to death when it comes to what pics were provided and how it would work.
When I have the part in my possesion I will post up all the pics you need. I cant answer a question about a part that I dont have in my hand yet. It took almost 2 years to get these made as it is, I'm just happy they're making them. I put up the money to get this done so if anyone should be concerned it should be me, but I'm not. He's making the exact same set he made for Car Craft back in the day and they obviously worked for them. If you need every intricate detail on a product you cannot use anyway then call the company and ask for Doug. You can grill him all you want.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

First off explain why I can't use them?(I have a full set of pre 94 control arms and subframes in my parts car) Secondly I'm asking because they made these for a one off track fun car, NOT a DD like a lot of the Beretta's on this board so maintenance on the item becomes a bit more important for an install we may do vs what they did, and third I know you can't answer these questions I have hence why I asked to post photos of them when you get them so I can see how they are installed and what you will have to do to maintain them, but you once again as everyone did before tried to answer that question with "its obvious" yet you say now you can't answer it.

Sorry when I engineer something to go on my car I beat it to death to ensure that it will never give me issues later on and last. Same reason why I am having custom bushings made for my J-body Koni's vs just using exhaust tubing to space it as others say you can. If you ask anyone they will say I over engineer or over think everything but if you ask me, it has yet to fail me driving to Bfest every year so I'm going to keep doing it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

I said you cannot use them because you cannot. You've mentioned quite a few times that you have the other subframes but you never change them so you obviously don't want to. For someone who "over-engineers" you sure do like those inferior mounts.

I stick by what I said about it seeming pretty simple to me. As I stated, I believe you just point the zirc fitting down and drill a hole for the ability to grease it as necessary. The reason I said I cannot answer your question is because you're asking for Global West's instructions which I obviously don't have.

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match here but you're not the only one here who actually takes the time to build something right. I've got 5 years and $18k into my GTU and it's still not done yet because I refuse to drive it without everything being perfect. I'll be more than happy to answer any and all questions you have when I receive the parts Jon. I was actually hoping you would swap subframes so you could test these as you put down a ton of power and I'd like to know if these help or hurt with wheel hop.

Hopefully you can understand where I'm coming from a little better now.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'd love to test them but sorry, and yes I know it's not your fault, I'm not investing $140 into something that I have no idea on how they install or work and even you the individual who set up the deal with Global to get them re-made can't get that information from them to relay to us. And yes that is Global Wests issue for not providing more information regarding what these are or how they are setup. Or maybe you just never asked them I don't know.

Also I don't understand why people call the 94+ ones "inferior" does anyone actually have any real testing to prove that or are you all just going off of after 10yrs of DDing the rear bushing falls apart?

I'm not trying to turn this into an issue I just want more info before I think of going this route and PROOF that they are superior in many ways. I'm not game for turning my suspension into something that is going to need an obnoxious amount of attention all the time to work right JUST to have "less" flex.

And I can use them yes I can... it is possible, so cannot is not the correct term. Just currently I have no reason to swap to that type of setup or turn my parts car into a non roller, I have yet to find an issue with what I have, and wheel hop is not an issue for me, wheel spin is.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

3X00-Modified wrote:...Secondly I'm asking because they made these for a one off track fun car, NOT a DD like a lot of the Beretta's on this board...
I don't think there are all that many members on here where their Beretta is their only car and Daily Driver... I know I have owned my black Z for 3-4 years and have put less than 4k miles on it.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I repeat my original statement... Nevermind, if you wish I'll go back and delete all of my questions and related posts to clean up your thread.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

There's no need to delete anything. It's all good Jon.

I live 5 min from Road America and my neighbor is the head of IT so he can get me on the track. I want to run some laps on stock bushings vs energy suspension poly vs del-a-lums with my bone stock 89 GTU. I obviously don't have test equipment so it'll be testing by feel and lap times. It's pretty late in the season tho so it may be next spring.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

When I get them ill be the first prolly to use them for DD as I dont care the miles I put on my car I just wish I didnt have to drive it through this winter but spring summer fall ill drive it all even when it gets painted ill get clear bra to save the front end. Im looking to road course my car and track use it regularly next yr so we will see how tgis all holds up. I would also like to get a set of the rear bushings on the axle but not sure if they will be made, I may have to buy stock replacements come spring as of now my garage will be filling boxes for the beretta come spring.

Its nice that their is ppl out there spending the time on our cars as u guys have and I just want u guys to know its appreciated regardless of the piss match