Should i trust em?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Gtzman

Should i trust em?

Post by Gtzman »

Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Re: Should i trust em?

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

23000+ sales @ 99.8%. the odds are on your side that its as described..etc.. as for quality..that is a different story..

the expression 'bang for the buck' comes to mind.. more you spend the better the product is suppose to be

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

who actually makes them.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If your going to spend 103 on drilled and slotted rotor do it right and get a good brand from Rock Auto

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1627948

PN#12762034R,12762034L $63 Each

No it doesn't come with pads, but with these rotors and set of these pads

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3250932

PN#QC506 $36 for a set.

you'll be much happier, and wont have to do it again for a while.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I ran some no brand drilled and slotted rotors like 9 years ago.

They warped in less than 1 year. Cool looking, but not worth a crap.

Name brand parts got to be name brand parts for a reason. When it comes to brakes, spend a little extra and get good stuff. The brakes on these cars are bad enough as it is.

93 GTs
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

I've ran two sets of baer brakes up front over 8 years time.
They stop fine for me,if i really get into a pickle i always downshift anyways.lol Where did you get the 13in upgrade kit anyways kurt??
Was this the j-body kit?

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Yeah, it's a the "Baer Track Kit" for 95-04 Jbodies. The kit requires having the steering knuckles machined for the caliper mounting bracket.

Got way lucky and found my set used, so I got the Baer kit, as well as the set of machined steering knuckles for a 95+ Cavy as well. I just cut the steering arm off the J knuckles and swapped them onto my car using new GM strut to knuckle bolts for the jbody application. Stock Lbody strut to knuckle bolts are a size larger and don't fit the J knuckle.

I found my kit used for $500. I had the rotors media blasted to remove rust, and bought new front wheel bearings at the same time. Counting that stuff and the new strut to knuckle bolts, I've probably got somewhere around $700 in the front brake projects' initial install. More than most want to spend, but I love how they perform. This car stops better than anything I've been in. Plus they just look darn cool filling up a wheel. ;)

/hijack.

93 GTs
Carson21R

Post by Carson21R »

i have ebay prelude rotors on my accord. no problems so far.

Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

KFLO 93 GT wrote:Yeah, it's a the "Baer Track Kit" for 95-04 Jbodies. The kit requires having the steering knuckles machined for the caliper mounting bracket.

Got way lucky and found my set used, so I got the Baer kit, as well as the set of machined steering knuckles for a 95+ Cavy as well. I just cut the steering arm off the J knuckles and swapped them onto my car using new GM strut to knuckle bolts for the jbody application. Stock Lbody strut to knuckle bolts are a size larger and don't fit the J knuckle.

I found my kit used for $500. I had the rotors media blasted to remove rust, and bought new front wheel bearings at the same time. Counting that stuff and the new strut to knuckle bolts, I've probably got somewhere around $700 in the front brake projects' initial install. More than most want to spend, but I love how they perform. This car stops better than anything I've been in. Plus they just look darn cool filling up a wheel. ;)

/hijack.
Yeah man they look beautiful.But i would have to spend over 2 grand between the rims, tires and brakes.lol

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

What rims did you have Kurt, they look similar to the ARs that came with the base...

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I put cheap drill/slot rotors on my bimmer. They turned out to be made by stoptech and have been great so far. I get them smoking on the daily and there doing great. There zinc coated too, and thats holding up well.

I wouldnt run crap ebay pads though. Get EBC or Hawk

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

DTMAce wrote:What rims did you have Kurt, they look similar to the ARs that came with the base...
Enkei RS7

93 GTs
Chazzman

Post by Chazzman »

I run good quality pads with standard rotors. F'ing around with the car and I don't seem to warp stock rotors'. I get cracks from getting them hot though. I could get prolly 5 years worth of stockies for the price of those "fancy" Egay rotors. IMHO, of course.....