factory fender gap on the front end?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
themadness

factory fender gap on the front end?

Post by themadness »

i have about 2.5 inches of clearance on the front. is that factory spacing

DTMAce

Re: factory fender gap on the front end?

Post by DTMAce »

Where are you measuring this at? What point to what point?

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

themadness

Post by themadness »

in the middle from the top of the tire to the fender. the superficial space

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Wheel size? Tire size? Those change everthing.
Not too sure what you are looking to find out. Springs that are worn out don't always make it lower. Mine sit just as high as stock but suck going around the turns.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

worn springs don't cause sucky turning... Thats inadequate swaybars for what your doing and or blown/bad struts that aren't helping the springs.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Shocks and struts are new. Sways are more than enough to turn on to another street(new outside bushings on the front too) . The springs are just weak.

keep'em flying!
themadness

Post by themadness »

tires are 205/65/16

i was trying to be sure my struts are shot and was thinking the gap would be an indicator. ride is rough as hell and i get what i would describe as a wobble when changing lanes, etc. especially when the reflectors are on the yellow lines

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Shocks and struts are new. Sways are more than enough to turn on to another street(new outside bushings on the front too) . The springs are just weak.
Weak springs wont hold weight and will sag, if they don't droop any from stock then their age has nothing to do with how much your car sways as much as you want to think that. I know a thing or two about spring rates and sway when it comes to taking hard corners... I work on a circle track car and we were running 12yr old springs up front and still winning and the car handling never changed, if your springs are that worn they will show ride height changes.
themadness wrote:tires are 205/65/16

i was trying to be sure my struts are shot and was thinking the gap would be an indicator. ride is rough as hell and i get what i would describe as a wobble when changing lanes, etc. especially when the reflectors are on the yellow lines
struts will not affect ride height since the "pressure" in a strut is no where near enough to force the weight of the car corner up or not. If you have wobbles like that or an extremely rough ride then yes the chances of the struts being bad are high. Do a bounce check, bounce the car pushing down on the front bumper and see how long it takes to settle down... it shouldn't bounce much more than once if even that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

I understand what you have said. I would still bet that the stock Beretta springs are nothing close to circle track springs.

keep'em flying!
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

i was trying to be sure my struts are shot and was thinking the gap would be an indicator. ride is rough as @#!*% and i get what i would describe as a wobble when changing lanes, etc. especially when the reflectors are on the yellow lines
Why do you have 205/65's?

1994 AQUA ZED
themadness

Post by themadness »

2.2H8TA wrote:

i was trying to be sure my struts are shot and was thinking the gap would be an indicator. ride is rough as @#!*% and i get what i would describe as a wobble when changing lanes, etc. especially when the reflectors are on the yellow lines
Why do you have 205/65's?
thats what was on the wheels when i bought them

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yes if it is pretty rough when going over a reflector on the road, like it continues to rattle/bounce immediately following, then likely the struts and shocks may need to be replaced.

you can really notice if going around a bend with a pot hole or medium/large crack in the road... your car may bounce sideways a bit. i need new rears shocks... one side for sure has leaked out it's oil.

also key spots to look at, your front control arms, famous for rotting out. and also the stabilizer bar links. bushings worn out/rotting, and control arm bushings popping out.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Money pit Beretta wrote:I understand what you have said. I would still bet that the stock Beretta springs are nothing close to circle track springs.
Nevermind I give up.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Good, this was going to be a long one. :)

keep'em flying!