Suspension Beef!

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Koots

Re: Suspension Beef!

Post by Koots »

In the meantime, I'm gonna start experimenting with welding again to try and get the hang of it. I like learning best when I get to mess with it myself for a few hours without anyone watching me ;)

Then I'm gonna experiment with welding up some vital unibody reinforcements. I've decided to build a budget Corsica rally DD...with budget being the most flexible aspect of the whole project LOL

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Wear a mask if you are welding on the body. These cars are galvanized.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Koots

Post by Koots »

Thanks for the tip!

I do always wear a mask while welding though. Now more than ever, just to save my beard LOL I've just never gotten comfortable enough with welding to just be able to pick it up and go. I learn a little for short periods and then don't have time or access to a welder for long periods and never retain it.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

MIG? That's the easiest to learn IMO and great for a beginner or moderate welder.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Koots

Post by Koots »

Nope, the MIG welder is no longer in the normal shop at work, which is the only one I have access to, because I built it. I did get the arc welder dropped off for me to play with though, which is better than nothing.

my welds look like crap, but I try to beat the crap out of whatever I do, just to make sure the welds are not superficial. I've made a pickle fork for my tie-rods (which is still working) and reinforcement plates for the door strikers on my 83 K5. A few other things too, but nothing serious. I'm just getting sick of how much not being able to weld is holding me back lol.