Vibration

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
ndt3064

Vibration

Post by ndt3064 »

Hi, new here, hope someone has help, I have a 95 Z26 (less the pink lettering) problem is a vibration on acceleration and at high speed, especially in corners mostly right, thought issue might be cv axels so replaced them, no difference, had alignment and wheel balance done, still the same, could worn or damaged struts be the cause ?

themadness

Re: Vibration

Post by themadness »

tire out of round....check for cups and bubbles. if they are ready to be changed might as well go ahead and do it if the vibration concerns you on a level of safety. even if you just get some used ones.

warped wheel.....get new wheels. would be good excuse to get new feet if you have a wife/GF that doesnt like you dropping money into your car......"but babe, chrome will keep us safe!"

shocks maybe...couldnt hurt to replace them anyway if you like better ride

it could be any number of things. mine does it and has always done it. my shocks are almost comatose and my tires are less than fabulous. the set i have on now and the previous ones. my bet is a bad tire. but if you really want to find it you will need to inspect everything thoroughly. some of the guys probably have better suggestions. the more details you give the more info you will get. the veterans around here really know their stuff about out cars.

welcome welcome welcome!!

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm guessing that if you had an alignment done they should have caught a bad ball-joint or bad tierod end, but you never know, some shops are in and out shops and others are nickle and dime you shops.

It's worth jacking up the car on one side and seeing if there is any play with the tire, left to right to check tierod, and then top to bottom to check bearing and or possible ball-joint.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ndt3064

Post by ndt3064 »

ty for your welcomes and suggestions, been doing some studying and going to be looking at the strut towers and inner cv bearings all other I'm positive is good.......btw madness the wife left after I told her my road runner needed to be bored out and KB pistons installed along with many other safety items lol ttyl

ndt3064

Post by ndt3064 »

Decided to check all four corners a to z, guy that owned it before me used duct tape to repair cold air intake tube with maf sensor, wish me luck!

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

i need 1 front wheel bearing and my wheels balanced. i have a bad wobble at hwy speeds while slowing and turning right, near 90 km/hr. and slight wobble at 70-110 at times

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

ndt3064 wrote:ty for your welcomes and suggestions, been doing some studying and going to be looking at the strut towers and inner cv bearings all other I'm positive is good.......btw madness the wife left after I told her my road runner needed to be bored out and KB pistons installed along with many other safety items lol ttyl
I told my wife I needed new drag radials this year and she was willing to buy them for me... LOL!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"