swaybars?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Tylerlp

swaybars?

Post by Tylerlp »

so i really need to improve the handling on my 95...i have a 1988 gtu front sway bar sitting around and it is huge lol. so will that fit or should i get the style that the indys and gtzs had? and what should i do about the rear sway bar? i currently don't have one lol. so what i really want to know is what would be the best combo for the best handling and what years and models do the parts come off of?

ladz24/z26

Re: swaybars?

Post by ladz24/z26 »

from what ive read on this forum is the z51 rear sway bar and up front i dont know but id rock that gtz front sway bar but fe7 gtz parts are hard to find

im going dual rear sway in my cav solid rear stock 30mm front unless i find gtz
good luck might want to luck up previous posts about this

search its helped me alot

if aint broken upgrade it
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

He has a 95, the better swaybar for the rear since it fits properly would be the Addco bar, the Z51 IIRC is harder to get to fit and is also smaller than the Addco anyways.

For the front the addco is 30mm, and so is any GT or Z26 bar, so if you can find a stock GM 30mm use that, or pay for an addco if you want a new one.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Tylerlp

Post by Tylerlp »

I'm pretty sure that the gtu bar i have is a 30mm...so now what to do about a rear one because i don't have that much cash to shell out for an addco bar

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Did you read... there is addco, or the z51 if you ask me the addco is more worth it and fits very easily with a few shims supplied by them. I feel that the Z51 without the internal rear bar will leave you wanting more which is why I think the addco alone or piggie backed with a Z26 rear axle internal bar would be a better option. I also doubt you'll find a z51 on here very easily... I know there were two selling recently but I think they sold, and I also just let mine go to Brett.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

It was my understanding that because of how it's mounted, the smaller GTZ/INDY front bar is superior to the control arm mounted large bars. Does this sound correct to you as well 3X00? I have one of each of the 2 GTZ/INDY bars and I've got feelers out to 2 companies about getting new ones made.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes that is said to be true since it's directly connected to the strut, but the only issue with that is if you don't have the knuckle mounted brackets for that setup your kinda SOL the only decent aftermarket strut you can get do not have these mounting points on it... only Monroe has a set with swaybar mounts.

SO if he wanted a FE7 bar he would need to find the bar for one, find good or new endlinks and then either get Monroe struts which suck with lowering springs, or find the mounts that bolt to the knuckle bolts.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
michi

Post by michi »

My stock 90 GTZ had a great handling compared to my stock 91 GT but i swapped to KYB shocks allaround with CanuckMotorsport springs, Z51 rear sway bar and front/rear strut braces. I like it alot how my beretta handles in corners! Makes so much more fun compared to a stock suspension if you ask me.