How to open trunk without key

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Cam2363

How to open trunk without key

Post by Cam2363 »

I have this beretta I'm going to strip out. It's around a 93 I think. But I dont have any keys for it. The rear seats also do not fold, so Is there a way i can get into the trunk without damaging trim or anything?

I could care less about the trunk lock, so would just hammering a screwdriver into it and twisting be the best method?

Thanks!

Rettax3

Re: How to open trunk without key

Post by Rettax3 »

That would be one way, or you could unbolt the seat-back (Torx-head bolt, a T-50 I think, but don't quote me on that) and go into the trunk that way. The same bolts also hold down the rear seat-belts, so you can find them that way. Hammering anything near that brittle filler-panel will risk breaking it -they are NOT forgiving. You could also take a battery-powered drill with you and 'remove' the offending lock more surgically... If the car has the power trunk-release option, you could also take a battery or portable jump-starter with you -the circuit for the trunk-release should be energized all the time, so no need for the ignition-key either. I removed a really nice set of power leather seats last year using my pocket jump-starter, to slide it back and forth to clear access to the mounting bolts, and despite the yard's sale at $15 per seat, I can almost guarantee I was the only person out there that could have gotten them out without shredding the seat or the mounting rails... Good luck.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Cam2363

Re: How to open trunk without key

Post by Cam2363 »

Rettax3 wrote:That would be one way, or you could unbolt the seat-back (Torx-head bolt, a T-50 I think, but don't quote me on that) and go into the trunk that way. The same bolts also hold down the rear seat-belts, so you can find them that way. Hammering anything near that brittle filler-panel will risk breaking it -they are NOT forgiving. You could also take a battery-powered drill with you and 'remove' the offending lock more surgically... If the car has the power trunk-release option, you could also take a battery or portable jump-starter with you -the circuit for the trunk-release should be energized all the time, so no need for the ignition-key either. I removed a really nice set of power leather seats last year using my pocket jump-starter, to slide it back and forth to clear access to the mounting bolts, and despite the yard's sale at $15 per seat, I can almost guarantee I was the only person out there that could have gotten them out without shredding the seat or the mounting rails... Good luck.
Thanks. Im trying to save those filler panels. So the drill might be the only option.

I dont want to remove the seats as the car has spider webs and mouse poop and mold and stuff and I dont want to be climbing all over it.

It doesnt have the trunk button, I thought of that but that isnt possible.

And I need to get the trunk open to get the filler panels and stuff so even if i did go inside, It would be hard to pop it.

I have some jiggler keys I can try. so I can try those. If need be, I can get a door lock off, and try to make a key based on it.

Thanks for the help!