98 chevy venture computer...

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Beretta__z26

Post by Beretta__z26 »

okay, so i heard in the past that a computer from a 97 up 3400 car is easier to tune than the computer from a 96 beretta. is this true? if so, would putting a 98 chevy venture computer into my 96 Z work? could it help my car run any better?

My '90 INDY and '96 Z26
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Unless you have a DHP tuner and ALOT of expertice in this sort of thing, you are WAY out on a limb even thinking about it!!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Beretta__z26

Post by Beretta__z26 »

so just the plug and go will not work? does it have to do with the difference in sensors? transmission? or does it read different altogether? im just wondering why it would be so different seeing as they are both obdII and both 3400 engines.

*EDIT* and yes, i am getting DHP soon. but no, i do not have alot of experience with tuning.

My '90 INDY and '96 Z26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

98 they changed the style of the ECM so you would have to re-pin everything.  Thats why I went with the 97 Venture or monte ECM and used the venture bin file, its a direct swap.

And even being plug and play, IIRC some of the bin file has to be edited to reflect difference in gearing between the retta and venture. 2.97 vs 3.29 FDR  I think...  And injector flow rates and such... unless your running pre 2000 injectors and not the original 3100 ones...  So yeah, really nothing is "plug and play" if your not using a factory engine.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Beretta__z26

Post by Beretta__z26 »

a 97 venture ecm is alot better to tune than the 96z? thats what i heard. i wont do this until i get the dhp. thanks for the help and info guys.

My '90 INDY and '96 Z26