Fog Light Replacement

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
2.2H8TA

Fog Light Replacement

Post by 2.2H8TA »

My drivers side fog light burnt out on my Aqua Z. Can I just replace the bulb, or do I have to find a whole new light? This is the first time I've had an issue with a Z fog light, so that is why I'm asking. I always see people looking for the whole light, is that because you can't just replace the bulb?

1994 AQUA ZED
Cliff8928
Administrator

Re: Fog Light Replacement

Post by Cliff8928 »

The bulb can be replaced. It's a H3-55W

Cliff Scott
2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

That is good news! Thanks.
For some reason my fogs are brighter than my headlights, and driving without them sucks. I'll look into finding out how to get at the bulb now. Any advice on how to replace it? I'm guessing the lens is held on with a screw, and I can just get it out that way?

1994 AQUA ZED
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

There's two screws that hold it into the housing. You can only see one of them with the fog light installed.

Cliff Scott
daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

I dread having to take my foglights out. I would also suggest plugging the foglight in and checking the bulb before you bolt everything back together because these ground through the clip and ultimately through the housing. I had to bend my clip a couple times before I got my drivers side to work right.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

People look for the whole assembly because they are getting harder to find. There have been a few sellers on eBay recently that have sold just the lens (originally for $25 and now for $40, mind you that is for just one lens), and another person is selling both complete assemblies (lens, housing, bracket, bulb, etc) for $90/pair.

To replace them, there are two 7mm bolts holding the housing in. One you can get to from the opening in the front bumper. The other is only accessible from behind the bumper. Your options to get to that one is to remove either the splash shields to gain access, or remove your headlights/headerpanel to get to it.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

You can also get to them from underneath, providing your skirt fasteners aren't all rusted to crap so that you can remove that bottom panel between the bumper and the core support rail. But its generally easier (for me anyway) to just pull the head lights and get at them from above. Way less headache, and honestly it doesn't take that long. Maybe 5 min a side?

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

I found the trick to the rusty skirt fasteners if you can get them apart in one piece. Once they're out just replace them with the plastic push pins, the kind that expand when you push the center in. Saw them used underneath a 2000 something buick. I noticed yesterday that my drivers side fog is out again wtf

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

i find the top the easiest way to go. really quick to pull out the headlights, grill and header panel once you get used to it.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
95 Z26 Massacre

Post by 95 Z26 Massacre »

Most people look for housings because the bulb uses the housing for a ground. My fog light housings are pretty rusty but i clean them up with a dremel and they work fine again.

As long as i am able to drive ill know that i am still alive!!!