While im doing this.....

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
96B-Mike

Re: While im doing this.....

Post by 96B-Mike »

Thats odd, cause my mechanic is saying that the egr plate is not matching up.. N i would need a 3400 egr tube?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Please go back and RE-READ my post prior to this... EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON WHAT EGR TO RUN IS IN THERE.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Well that would be why it works for me, I have a 95.

keep'em flying!
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

3X00-Modified wrote:Please go back and RE-READ my post prior to this... EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON WHAT EGR TO RUN IS IN THERE.
lol this is not me saying this is my mechanic saying so..ill let you know

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

2000+ Grand Am egr pipe and use a 2000+ egr... done.

BOOM

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

96B-Mike wrote:2000+ Grand Am egr pipe and use a 2000+ egr... done.

BOOM
Yeah thats what my post said and I explained the issue that your mechanic would have prior to you posting that info so my point is why bring it up, I already told you the part wont fit your car.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

Yeah my bad, i misread it

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

so i got my car back with the 3400 intake on and all the bullshit i had to go along with it ..n well its not running too great (the mechanic knew it too)..He is thinking that i need a new ECM. The temperature gauge is 180 degrees flat (the needle is surpass the "H" marker..the engine light flashes , and its totally miss firing.

the car runs fine while driving but i can still feel the sluggish of the throttle response. On idle its rough, motor shakes pretty rough.

So wtf now!?????? =@ :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Last edited by 96B-Mike on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

i looked for any vacuum leaks and i cant really find one? Spark plugs are newer/fuel injectors are fine

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sounds like to start you need a new mechanic... What rockers are in this engine... You stated it was a 3400 but are the stamped steel rocker in it or the roller rockers?

This is tough to trouble shoot because YOU did not do the work, so not only do you have no idea what was done you most likely don't know what to do to check things, and or fix them...

I think the best thing you can do is take some pics of this install so we can see what is going on... Also more information on all the stuff used would be best.

I ran a 3400 on a stock 95 ecu for years and never had a problem so the statement of needing a new ECU is crap unless yours is somehow fried after he worked on it. The calibration on there will support the 3400 engine just fine for a daily driver application, I would suggest additional tuning if your looking to go for peak power and such though, but no where near "necessary"

Flashing SES light means straight up misfire.. so I'd start investigating the ignition system... Ensure plug wires are in the right spots and such.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

The temp gauge issue is a sensor or harness issue. Probably not even plugged in.

Misfire, as Jon stated, could be a slew of things. WE'd need a vid, pics and a lot of help from you in communicating with us in trying to help you. Hang in there, it'll get situated out as long as you dont pop your mental headgasket. :D

_________
-------------
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

3X00-Modified wrote:Sounds like to start you need a new mechanic... What rockers are in this engine... You stated it was a 3400 but are the stamped steel rocker in it or the roller rockers?

This is tough to trouble shoot because YOU did not do the work, so not only do you have no idea what was done you most likely don't know what to do to check things, and or fix them...

I think the best thing you can do is take some pics of this install so we can see what is going on... Also more information on all the stuff used would be best.

I ran a 3400 on a stock 95 ecu for years and never had a problem so the statement of needing a new ECU is crap unless yours is somehow fried after he worked on it. The calibration on there will support the 3400 engine just fine for a daily driver application, I would suggest additional tuning if your looking to go for peak power and such though, but no where near "necessary"

Flashing SES light means straight up misfire.. so I'd start investigating the ignition system... Ensure plug wires are in the right spots and such.
Yeah very true. My knowledge about cars is fair but could I ever swap a motor n exc. prolly not since I have no experience. I will post pics for sure. For the Rockers?? It was a refurbish motor from Advance Auto Parts (it came with the 3400 block/heads). Imma ask the "mechanic" if he used em from my last motor.

I"ll do the normal check ups (spark plugs,wires/vaccum lines) so forth...

thanks for the input btw

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

1988GTU wrote:The temp gauge issue is a sensor or harness issue. Probably not even plugged in.

Misfire, as Jon stated, could be a slew of things. WE'd need a vid, pics and a lot of help from you in communicating with us in trying to help you. Hang in there, it'll get situated out as long as you dont pop your mental headgasket. :D
okay understood. I will be sure to do so. Thanks

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

My question is, who is this mechanic? Is it a franchised/chain shop or independent? Do they commonly do "swaps" of this magnitude? What made you use the person/place that did the motor swap?

_________
-------------
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

Independent. Owned his own. Business for 15+ years.. He hooked up the computer to it and codes are popping up he said but they are things that i already replaced.. Spark plugs, fuel injectors, vaccum lines. I started up the car n i hear a whining/hissing noise near the alternator/ top left intake manifold.. Looked around it, didn't see nothing out of the ordinary ..