Quad 4 in RWD application...

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
b_pappy

Post by b_pappy »

Hey guys, I'm just sitting hear reading about GM's all new coming motor, it's 180 HP, 2.4 liter motor. Sounds a lot like a Quad 4 to me. Since my Beretta got totaled I'm missing my Quad 4 motor. Anyhow, I was thinking of a conversion into a RWD car. Has anyone here done much of that? What trans would work, etc? Maybe just too much free time, but I was thinking a 1971 Vega with a Quad 4 might be fun.
Bruce

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

It does sound fun,but to me a Vega=V8.

keep'em flying!
b_pappy

Post by b_pappy »

Yeah, I had a Vega wagon with a 383 stroker, great fun. I'd like another one, they are getting expensive for what they are. I just thought my Quad 4 would be a nice engine for something. But then I may get another Beretta. Not sure if I'd look for a nice clean one, or one that needs work and transplant my parts to it, or repair mine. It was hit hard in L/R, but could be saved with enough money. It just wouldn't make economic sense, but my cars rarely do.
Bruce

Money pit Beretta

A 383, that thing had to be too much fun. I didn't know that you still had your car. Economic sense,what car ever does?   How about a sand rail?  Keep everybody updated on what you are going to do with your car. I remember how good it looked by the way.

keep'em flying!
b_pappy

Post by b_pappy »

Thanks for remembering my car. Yeah, over 7 months and their insurance didn't want to pay what it is worth (not even low book). So it looks like it won't settle this year. I don't know if I'll keep the car or not, but I sure liked it and miss it. Plus I come on here and see some of the beautiful cars you guys have.
I have quite a few cars right now, so we'll see what I do. I will keep you guys updated.
Bruce

Money pit Beretta

I guess Beretta's are only worth something to the people that have them. I got 900 bucks from my insurance and that was after I showed them my repair bills(total was 6G's).

keep'em flying!
Beretta__z26

Post by Beretta__z26 »

lame.

My '90 INDY and '96 Z26